Carnegie Mellon University
www.cmu.edu Pittsburgh, PA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great place to learn and grow

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe inter-disciplinary work culture is a great learning experience, especially since it allows you to tackle problems from multiple perspectives

ConsThe university is not too supportive of graduate students when their research group runs short of funding, due to unforeseen situations. Students in such cases are left to the college policies and/or asked to fend for themselves (read: "gorge the full tuition from their own pockets!")

Advice to Senior ManagementDespite the remarkable work being done by graduate students, CMU still does not do an adequate job for annual student leaves. Many departments deliberately push students too hard to squeeze every single work hour during mid-semester breaks, that eventually reflects on research productivity. A unified student leave policy for the entire university would make things a lot easier!

Great envelopment

I have been working at Carnegie Mellon University

Pros: Talented people, open environment, computer science, ece, me, financial engineering,… Cons: Too engineering, not many other areas. If this is the… Advice to Senior Management: Too broaden areas, include more people from other areas. Increase… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great working environment.

Teaching Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Carnegie Mellon University

Pros: I get to learn a lot. It is a great… Cons: It is difficult to manage work with studies. Downsides of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Carnegie Mellon University.

Worked for Carnegie Mellon University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Carnegie Mellon University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Carnegie Mellon University CEO Dr. Subra Suresh. All reviews posted anonymously by Carnegie Mellon University employees.