There are newer employer reviews for Carnival Corporation

Under paid and under appreciated

I have been working at Carnival Corporation as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

The traveling is of course one of the Bette perks. Saving money with no board or food to pay for. And it can be a fun atmosphere.

Cons

You work every single day for 6 and sometimes up to 8 months straight. Crew morale has been low on 3 out of the four ships I've been on. The management on the ship is in such confusion and disarray that the consequences are taken out on the crew members who work the front lines. Wasn't a bad experience at first but as I learned every ship is different and sometime you lick out and get a good one with good management. And the crew messes food is crap.

Don't expect your employees to happily work for you every single day for 6 months straight with a smile on their faces when pay them crap and treat them like it.

167 Other Employee Reviews for Carnival Corporation (View Most Recent)

earn good money, and see the world for free.

Current Employee - Assistant Team Waiter  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Team Waiter in Miami, FL

I have been working at Carnival Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

I go to places that I've never been before, and at same time I earn dollars....

Cons

Being away to your family at at home, especialy for holidays.

If posible, better to have in asia. so most of the asian crew don't have to travel more to enter the US for their contract.

Great work atmosphere, motivated senior management personnel and strong history.

I have been working at Carnival Corporation

Pros

It is has a great atmosphere, there are many employees that have been there 20+ years and show passion and motivation to continue to improve the company not only for the guests but the employees.

Cons

Some dedicated hard working employees sometimes get overlooked or under appreciated. Call center work shifts could be more flexible and creative.

Have small group "huddles" to discuss ways to make the workplace more dynamic. Getting employees envolved in brainstorm sessions for the better of the company and the employees is a win win for everyone.

There are newer employer reviews for Carnival Corporation

Worked for Carnival Corporation? Contribute to the Community!