There are newer employer reviews for Carolinas HealthCare System

Overall it's not a bad place to work.

Current Employee - ER Technician
Current Employee - ER Technician

I have been working at Carolinas HealthCare System

Pros

Each department is rewarded for maintaining patient satisfaction scores (free pizza party anyone?). The physicians' group that staffs our department (emergency) often buys the entire department dinner. I get to use a lot of skills I took classes for (EKGs, phlebotomy). I work with some awesome nurses and physicians that are willing to answer my questions.

Cons

Some of the physicians can be pains. Shift differentials could be better for the techs. The hospital staff could be offered holiday pay for more holidays, not just a select few.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees. Try to improve the pay scale for the "lower" positions. Improve shift differentials for the "lower" positions.

reviews filtered by
  1. Not the best place I've ever worked but not the worst either.

I have been working at Carolinas HealthCare System

Pros

Good medical plan package, paid time off, flexible scheduling, and a good chance to further your education as they will assist you with tuition reimbursement. Upper management (CEO's) are friendly and respectful.

Cons

Some of the department managers are not so friendly neither are nurses, CNA's or some of the secretaries. Mostly the department managers and nurses though and they learn from their superiors. I've noticed a lot of focusing on the negative instead of the positive, and there needs to be a balance for constructive criticism or its no longer constructive, it's just criticism.

Advice to Management

I emphasize the word constructive in the phrase constructive criticism for the department managers. Give some positive feedback too, don't just be looking for the negatives in your employees. If you haven't seen them do anything that you can bring up that was positive which I find hard to believe, but if you can't then just ask them " what do you feel are some positive things you have brought to the unit lately?" They may surprise you with what they have done that has gone unnoticed. To the upper level management that doesn't work on the floors.... kudos, you are doing a wonderful job.

2. Needs Better Management Skills

I worked at Carolinas HealthCare System

Pros

The benefit packages that the company offers on top of the ability to work unlimited overtime when available is what makes this a good company.

Cons

Management does not practice the guidelines that are used per the employee handbook, there is favortism shown to certain employees.

Advice to Management

When you have quality employees you should treat each person on the basis of work done and all work quality should be taken into consideration instead of your personal preference