Carolinas Hospital System

www.carolinashospital.com
  www.carolinashospital.com
There are newer employer reviews for Carolinas Hospital System

I am disappointed with many aspects of this job I've been at for the past 7 years.

Current Employee - Admissions Clerk in Florence, SC
Current Employee - Admissions Clerk in Florence, SC

I have been working at Carolinas Hospital System full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great caring coworkers. Provides great care for the patients.

Cons

Management expects the impossible. Management hires other management that has no management experience. Cutting benefits, no pay raises. I make approximately $1.50 more an hour than I started with, 7 years ago.

Management expects employs to treat patients with the highest respect and compassion. The management expects employees to treat other employees with the same respect. However, the upper management does not adhere to the same standards. Some will not even acknowledge your existence when you speak to them. Do not cut our benefits. You can afford to buy up all the hospitals up for grabs so you should not cut benefits.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Carolinas Hospital System (View Most Recent)

Where's the compassion

I have been working at Carolinas Hospital System

Pros

There are no pros. This system is flawed

Cons

This system is flawed all around

Treat the ones who ensure your job security with compassion. Don't let personal issues affect your work performance. Being a patient at CHS makes me loose all compassion for fellow man

Not True to Their Word

Former Employee - Rehab Services in Florence, SC
    Former Employee - Rehab Services in Florence, SC

I worked at Carolinas Hospital System full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The only thing this company offers is a family type atmosphere with your co-workers.

Cons

Constant changes in benefits. The administration is all about the bottom line and finding ways to cut down what you receive. In the past year they have place continuing education funds on hold, or you having to use them towards a hospital in-service for the full amount when the actual price is a 1/3 of what they charged employees for non-hospital employees. They are spending money on buying equipment for MRI machines, yet the hospital is continually utilizing low census tactics, which means that employees have to rotate taking days off (this can be up to multiple days in a pay week) and having to use your PTO to make a paycheck. The departmental management is unorganized and have poor communication. Receiving text messages off the clock during late hours or early morning is unacceptable as a form of communication for schedule changes or being called off work. Management will always back each other versus supporting their employees. Administration and management promise change and that things will get better, but it continues to decline.

Stop hiring friends and holding onto lower management to save money. The poor management is alienating employees and you can't improve quality of care with the high turn over rate.

There are newer employer reviews for Carolinas Hospital System