There are newer employer reviews for Carpenter Technology

Temp Working as a Lab Technitian

Former Employee - Lab Tech in Clearwater, FL
Former Employee - Lab Tech in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Carpenter Technology full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It paid better tan previous jobs that I held. Coworkers were quirky and entertaining

Cons

The company employed half of its workforce through a temp agency. A single safety violation would get you fired and workers hid fairly serious injuries and grotesque scars because of the legitimate fear of termination. The company offered little in the ways of job security unless you passed the 18 month gauntlet of being a temp and the 6 month permanent employee probation period.. After having worked for a company wit a very sympathetic and hands on corporate structure, I was fairly appalled at the lack of humanity applied to the employees

Advice to Management

People are not numbers. If you wish to employ educated individuals with a potential to improve the company, you need to start treating employees like people

reviews filtered by
  1. It is a steel mill; it employs laborers and mechanics in addition to various type office jobs.

Current Employee - Material Handler Specialist in Reading, PA
    Current Employee - Material Handler Specialist in Reading, PA

I have been working at Carpenter Technology full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This company has been in business for over 100 yrs, without a labor union. It occupies appr. 300 acres of land on the outskirts of Reading. We make a decent wage for the labor that we provide, and our benefits are fairly compatible to other company's plans.

Cons

The only 2 drawbacks that I perceive here are the lack of vacation days and the outrageous timeframe it takes a person to reach just 5 wks. In addition, working 6 and 7 days a wk can get old real fast.

2. Carpenter Technology is a great company to work for. The work life balance is difficult be prepared.

Current Employee - Process Technician in Woonsocket, RI
    Current Employee - Process Technician in Woonsocket, RI

I have been working at Carpenter Technology

Pros

The Career Growth opportunities within Carpenter are unmatched for a company of this size. The company also offers an exceptional benefits package. The work environment is very positive employees work well together, and there is widespread acceptance among coworkers. The company is moving forward and rapidly developing.

Cons

Carpenter is synonomous with long hours. Expect to work whatever hours are needed and to be pushed by management for everything you can offer. The work is also physically demanding and the job can be dirty at times.

Advice to Management

Carpenter is a great company to work for management is for the most part very responsive to issues and the company is constantly moving forward.

There are newer employer reviews for Carpenter Technology