There are newer employer reviews for Carphone Warehouse

Good part-time job which is challenging and where you can learn how to approach different people and their needs.

Current Employee - Customer Consultant  in  Southampton, England (UK)
Current Employee - Customer Consultant in Southampton, England (UK)

I have been working at Carphone Warehouse part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good bonus if store hit target. Great people to work with. Flexible.

Cons

You need to work bank holidays. Difficult to progress above senior staff member. Impossible to get to the headquarters from store level.

Should focus more on people, especially on store managers that are doing their work for too long and even if keen don't get any other opportunities. Staff is mistreated more and more as well.

71 Other Employee Reviews for Carphone Warehouse (View Most Recent)

Fun and dynamic work environment

Former Employee - Customer Consultant  in  Loughton, East of England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Customer Consultant in Loughton, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at Carphone Warehouse part-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun and dynamic work environment, flexible hours (part time) and a nice manager. That was my experience in two of the Carphone branches I worked in.
    The recruitment process was quick and I was placed in a branch near my house.
    My colleagues were very friendly, just like my manager.

It was great to be one of the first to get hold of the latest phones in the market and know some inside information on new phone technologies.

Cons

Work on weekends, short lunch breaks (depending on demand), branches are usually short staffed so it was common for me to work non stop on busy days like sundays, without a chance to have lunch. But quiet days were quite boring.
    The training for part time employees was poor, I had to learn on the job. Takes a long time to get used to the computer system and all the different contract terms and conditions. Mistakes are common during the first month. In my first weeks I upgraded a customer with a contract phone with internet, but I wasn't told that for that very specific tariff the internet would only be available from the next billing date. Customer was billed about £200 for using the internet on his phone and my manager wasn't happy with me...

Typical Retail Experience

Current Employee - Customer Consultant
    Current Employee - Customer Consultant

I have been working at Carphone Warehouse part-time for more than a year

Pros

Some customers are a genuine pleasure to serve. Having access to devices prior to launch is exciting (if you like techy stuff). Colleagues are great people.

Cons

Management does not value staff. Consultants are viewed as merely pawns/minions. No upward mobility. Low pay and little reward for high and unrealistic expectations.

Show that consultants are valuable to the company. Display tangible appreciation for the hard, thankless work they do.

There are newer employer reviews for Carphone Warehouse

Worked for Carphone Warehouse? Contribute to the Community!