Our motto "You work, We do the rest." is true

I have been working at Carr Workplaces full-time

Pros

Versatility- every day is something different
Networking- through phone answering, client events, meeting clients/guests, we get to work with 30+ companies a day
Benefits- Offers 401K, offers health dental vision benefits, PTO, + other perks

Cons

Feeling overworked & under-appreciated- from handling front desk duties (administrative work, phone answering, client correspondence, mail handling, etc.) planning monthly events, paying invoices, working with vendors, ordering our center supplies, marketing via multiple social media platforms, corporate campaigns, attending events, reaching out to brokers, neaby businesses, hotels, colleges, companies, etc. & taking on miscellaneous tasks as needed.
This is all great experience, however the compensation does not match. And it's even more difficult when your peers & supervisors don't notice your contributions or get upset when you ask for help.

Be open & communicate your needs, vision and gratitude for all those you work with.

Other Reviews for Carr Workplaces

Client service associate

Former Employee - Client Services Associate II
    Former Employee - Client Services Associate II

I worked at Carr Workplaces full-time for less than a year

Pros

Short work day with little stress

Cons

Low pay and repetitive phone answering

Glorified Receptionist

Former Employee - Client Services Associate  in  Rosslyn, VA
    Former Employee - Client Services Associate in Rosslyn, VA

I worked at Carr Workplaces full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy hours - no work to do when you get home and you rarely have to stay for OT. Room for promotion but each position is more meaningless than the next.

Cons

They give you a fancy title but you're just a receptionist for tons of people. You'll spend all day on the phone lying about clients not wanting to take calls. As someone used to "support" positions I at least wanted to be able to relate to the mission of the company I was supporting. Not so with Carr Workplaces. It's a job in real estate, essentially.

The pay was super weak too. In fact, me and the rest of team had been looking for weeks and just by chance all ended up with job offers within a few weeks of each. They may have revised the pay scale - I hope so.

They're hit or miss, that's for sure. My manager made my time there more bearable than it should have been but you could end up with a bad, poorly trained one and hate your life.

There are newer employer reviews for Carr Workplaces.

Worked for Carr Workplaces? Contribute to the Community!