There are newer employer reviews for Carr Workplaces

An Amazing place to Work!

I have been working at Carr Workplaces full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dynamic and ever evolving environment where employee input is encouraged and valued. New management team in place at the top is really moving things forward and working hard to ensure that the business consistently grows and expands and that the employees are part of that process the entire way! You will not be bored and you are encouraged to pave your path!

Cons

Service is our brand and at the core of all we do! You must be absolutely committed to providing the highest levels of customer service daily! If you are not someone who truly loves dealing with people then this is not the company for you.

Advice to Management

Continue seeking feedback and input from the employees! Excited at where this is headed!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A job, but that's it..

Former Employee - Client Services Associate
    Former Employee - Client Services Associate

I worked at Carr Workplaces full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours are fairly regular, I would get in around 7:30 or 7:45 am and leave between 5:00 and 5:30 pm, so you have the time for a life outside of the office.

Cons

The location where I was working was brand new -- so, while the office itself was beautiful, it quickly deteriorated as Corporate, desperate to lease the space and cover costs, leased to the "wrong" tenants. They took advantage of the services and often stole (silverware from the kitchen, soap dispensers from the restrooms, newspapers & magazines out of the lounge area, etc.) and treated the space poorly. Most of my time, as a result, was spent functioning as a maid & janitor, limiting my ability to provide high-end client services to the few other tenants in the space. I am 100% on-board with being in a customer service oriented role, but my time here was primarily spent doing damage control in an effort to ensure other tenants were working in a well-kept space rather than interacting with them in a personable or truly valuable way. I felt as though my job was not as described when hired or what I experienced in training, but this was largely due to my location & my GM, who honestly appeared to lack the motivation to change what was going on in our center.

Advice to Management

Find a way to hold tenants responsible for losses -- if this means installing cameras, do it. It will make the lives of your CSAs and other center employees better & will ultimately save you money. I worked in customer service industries for years prior to joining this team & the fact that I couldn't make it more than 7 months should truly be an eye-opener as to how mistreated employees in this center felt as a result of the tenants at the time.

You will get out of it what you put into it

I have been working at Carr Workplaces full-time

Pros

Carr Workplaces is a great company to work for as they have very forward thinking leadership and they really like to promote from within. The benefits are great and I feel like there are definitely avenues for promotion and growth, however, you cannot expect to just be promoted within a certain amount of time. Some people get lucky and they are at the right place at the right time and they are promoted quickly and for others it takes time. So long as you go in with realistic expectations you won't be disappointed.

Cons

This kind of work isn't for everyone. You have to be extremely customer service oriented or you won't last long.