Great Company

Former Employee - Server/Hostess in Lutz, FL
Former Employee - Server/Hostess in Lutz, FL

I worked at Carrabba's Italian Grill full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They treated their employees well within the restaurant. The culture was evident and the overall health and safety satisfaction was high.

Cons

For the resturant, they do not work lunch hours unless it is a holiday. It would be great for employees to have a chance to make money during that time of day.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Other Employee Reviews for Carrabba's Italian Grill

1. Carrabba's

Former Employee - Hostess in Merritt Island, FL
    Former Employee - Hostess in Merritt Island, FL

I worked at Carrabba's Italian Grill part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My proprietor Jim Pinter was very fair and the best manager I've had. We were pretty busy so the money was good.

Cons

I cant think of any cons

Great food servers are great but the Managing partner isn't team member oriented!

Former Employee - Server in Orange Park, FL
    Former Employee - Server in Orange Park, FL

I worked at Carrabba's Italian Grill full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Large night tip range from 80 to 150 per night holidays about 200 per night. You get ton of training material to help educated your guests.

Cons

The downside is management stateing how important team work is and they themselves do not Patrice team work! I have found that the two top manager show favoritism which make for a divided team atmosphere. This particular Carrabbas is having parking lot issues that is having customers who park in the neighboring businesse being towed. This means as a server when you need a manager for a customer complaint he is outside for 20-25 minutes argueing with the tow truck and can not get the issue resolved. If you try to go to the expo manger he refuses to go to the table because he can't leave his post ,even if food is not being pushed yet into the window. The server who have worked there the longest seem to care very little about the dishwasher there. The servers only have to clear plates any put them in the dish pit in an organized stack. The servers with seniority just leave stack of unsorted dishes and won't complete side work. I find that expo mongers will often take dishes set to run with your meal and replace the customers with complaints food causing your entire order to fall behind effecting your tip. The manager will rarely take the food to the table even if they have nothing to do. Also as a server you do not get a single break. If you stop for a drink your chastised for "doing nothing" . I often closed and that means getting paid 4.65 per hour for 3 hours to clean the restaurant. If you try to get food you are chastised again even when you've worked a double. Another wrong is manager giving a free meal to the kitchen staff each night and we as servers were not even allowed to buy our own food! Also the manger would eat in front of you to make matters worse. It seems management puts servers on the bottom of the todom pole when we should have all been on the same page! Overall the pay is good if you are willing put stand the unteam friendly enviorment. Also I noticed serval servers who would throw thing in the server room out of anger for these conditions. Many to e they would punch walls throw trays or cruse loudly. Good luck and try to find a different location than Orange park fl carrabbas!

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach servers should not be starved . Teamwork is something you practice not just preach about. Dot just put on a show when your upper management co e to carrabbas. Remember these servers have families , health problems , and a soul. Treat the staff as you want to be treated! The customer will be happier when the staff are happier.