Carrabba's Italian Grill

www.carrabbas.com
  www.carrabbas.com
There are newer employer reviews for Carrabba's Italian Grill

Great place to make money and have fun while doing so

Current Employee - Server in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Server in Houston, TX

I have been working at Carrabba's Italian Grill full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love meeting new people and establishing "regular" guests within the restaurant. With the help of management, cooks, and those at the host stand, a server is very likely to be successful with a little effort. I remember many occasions where I felt my tips should have gone straight to the kitchen or those in management. They are always there for questions and understanding of first-time mistakes.

Cons

As far as running a business goes, I completely understand Increasing the amount of servers on the floor provided that each server can satisfy the needs of their tables, however there were a few times where a "two table section" did not satisfy my wallet. With time servers are rewarded more tables and trust. Carrabbas has recently began to serve lunch and I have personally handled up to five tables. There are always alternatives to the "two table section", but it takes time and the only thing to speed this up is becoming a better server.

Although I have seen it a few times, reward driven, friendly, competitions within the workplace provide(d) motivation to the server and can really change attitudes after a long week of work. I realize showing up to work, offering great service, and coming home with a lot of tips is often satisfying, however providing an increase in contests and competitions makes the job that more fun.

170 Other Employee Reviews for Carrabba's Italian Grill (View Most Recent)

One of the best things to ever happen to me!

Current Employee - Server/Bartender
    Current Employee - Server/Bartender

I have been working at Carrabba's Italian Grill full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible Scheduling, half off employee food, twenty-five percent off blooming brands restaurants. If you are driven and outgoing you have the opportunity to advance very quickly. If you are trusted the company will let you work almost any position that you want to learn. If you work the average of 32 hours for 6 months after being there for a year you obtain a paid vacation. The company makes it very easy to relocate if want to also if you leave the company then it is easy to come back.

Cons

Depending on position it makes it harder to get off at the last minute. It is a socially driven job meaning that if you are not sociable then you are less likely to advance in the company. Every location is different and you can not apply these pros or cons to every store. I have heard horror stories from some stores and praises from other stores.

The corporate offices should try to ensure that their managers follow company policies more properly. Most managers and partners are appropriate but some of the managers sexually harass the employees and make inappropriate gestures.

Best food service job ever.

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Carrabba's Italian Grill part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Many employees have been at my restaurant for many years... and love it still.
    Food Quality is amazing.
    Most Clientele love the service and selection.

Cons

Some favortism shown to specific employees, and some rules are only applicable to certain people at certain times.

Management can be very unprofessional to other employees, and unprofessional in their position.

There are newer employer reviews for Carrabba's Italian Grill