Carriage Services

Just OK

Current Employee - PreNeed Sales in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - PreNeed Sales in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Carriage Services

Pros

Good area to work in

Cons

Like any other business there is a lot of politics that go on

13 Other Employee Reviews for Carriage Services (View Most Recent)

Carriage Services Should Practice Proper Employee Treatment

I have been working at Carriage Services

Pros

Aetna Insurance is great. Love it. Sadly I cannot think of any other pros to be honest. Ive put my heart and soul into this job but cannot praise a company that does not care about their employees.

Cons

Im a 12yr emp. No raises in 7yrs for ANY staff. Always excuses ALL the time. Our staff has been cut to a bare min. Went from 6 FT and 6 PT staff to 2FT 2PT as instructed to cut cost but we still cannot get raises?? The 4E Model need to go because even when its met theres still no reward for employees.

Employees are FED UP! Great empl. are never recognized only Managers. Staff deserve respect and many dont even get spoken to when the DOS or RM come to locations. Staff cutting and combining positions has only led to poor employee moral and job burnout. We cannot use our sick days or vacation time because we are so short staffed we cannot take off. Something needs to really change.

Always looking over my shoulder and feeling watched every minute.

I worked at Carriage Services

Pros

The people and experience were great. That is what truly made the company great. The flexibility and independence given was something I liked.

Cons

People would stab you in the back at the drop of a hat. You always had to look over your shoulder to see who would try to manipulate what you said or try to rat you out for something so petty. If you have a question or need help, good luck getting it.

Management needs to get the picture and get rid of the bad seeds. During my time there, it was nothing new to show up and realize that someone was terminated. I seen a lot of great people go and had no idea why. The 4E model has got to go. We're all human, nobody is perfect.

There are newer employer reviews for Carriage Services