Carriage Services

On its way to greatness

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Carriage Services full-time

Pros

Company culture encourages creative solutions and embraces change.
Management realizes that in different markets our locations need flexibility to operate differently.

Cons

Decentralized control does create challenges for Houston staff needing to consolidate those results and numbers.

Continue recent trends. New energy is evident.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Carriage Services (View Most Recent)

Chaotic!!! Bottom of the Barrel Leadership & HR Department

I have been working at Carriage Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The employees are great and we cater to and help families who have lost a loved one.

Cons

(1) HR leadership cannot be trusted and are not responsive to the field. Never take their advice.....You'll always get burned because they don't believe in management training or train-the-trainer.
    (2) The pay is not based on your experience - it's based on favoritism and relationships
    (3) Management does not believe in training (information hoarders) - Sink or Swim? They're only focused on their S&B (salary and benefits)
    (4) Extremely High Turnover: Experienced employees watch out! They'll find ways to terminate you when you're doing a great job!

Clean house and bring in mature and more experienced, trustworthy, forward-thinking, positive leadership with management experience, heart, passion, and integrity. Great employees continue to come and go. And speaking for every employee in the field, the Houston support center has to be more responsive to our needs, especially the HR department who is notorious for dropping the ball. Besides, we are the reason you all get paid, but when we contact the support center for payroll related questions or if we have issues with the time clock, we receive crappy service with aggressive behaviors. You all reap the benefits of our labor out here in the field because we're the ones selling funeral services. And speaking of "Benefits", that particular department needs to be evaluated immediately by upper management. Several employees at our location have been burned repeatedly by the Benefits Department and management who is never available or responsive might I add; money lost on the Employee Stock Purchase program for forms never being received or maybe they were received but never processed because the turnover is ridiculously high for one department. Whenever we do finally get a response after following up several times, it's always a new person who doesn't know what we're talking about or claim they never received our fax, emails, and voicemails. When your turnover is that high, what does this say about management? You all coach us here in the field to hire the right people for the right seats, but maybe management should practice what they teach and reevaluate who's in the wrong seats for your HR Department, as well as other positions in that support center because employee morale in the field is down and something should be done about it.

Poor local Management

Current Employee - Sales  in  Panama City, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Panama City, FL

I have been working at Carriage Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

You have the potential to make fantastic money. Commission only and great benefits.

Cons

The General Manager as so much autonomy he acts like a child with a toy. The support staff has no discipline and is allowed to verbally abuse others with impunity. It is a chaotic atmosphere and only those with a self driven ability to success are successful, all on their own. Training is minimal, but methods for doing the job change almost daily anyway. it is a highly whimsical workflow system.

Learn how to manage PEOPLE!

There are newer employer reviews for Carriage Services

Worked for Carriage Services? Contribute to the Community!