Carrier Enterprise

www.carrierenterprise.com
  www.carrierenterprise.com
There are newer employer reviews for Carrier Enterprise

A employment filled with bad culture, low pay, high work load and low career opportunities.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Carrier Enterprise full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Gain experience in the work force, vacation days, and good co-workers. Has a 401K plan as well as company stock options you can purchase at a 5% discount.

Cons

I worked as an employee of CE for over 5 years. This is by far one of the worst companies I've ever worked for. The culture of the company is so poor and down that it is genuinely pathetic. I have been hired by a similar company at a higher level and it is night and day between the company as far as "happiness" is concerned. I can almost guarantee that no one has received a raise in over 5 years, apart from management. CE consistently tries to use their "bonus" system as a way to keep employees happy instead of giving raises. However it's never based on the individual employees performance but rather the "numbers" and sales that the company does. Most times it is out of your control, unless you are a salesman. You will be required to work on weekends during the summer, something that is likely not to be told to you until you start working. There are also a ton of middle management and depending on what's important that day that is your priority, there is no consistent goal to accomplish everyday. I liked the people I worked with which is the only reason I stayed as long as I did and as I said the benefits of vacation. You will also be required to work either the day before or the day after holidays, you do not get those days off. The medical benefits are HORRIBLE please look into those benefits before you sign up to work for this company, depending on what salary you're asking for it may cost you in the long run as CE has a VERY high deductible medical plan. Overall I don't wan this to sound like a rant or "hate" post towards CE as I learned valuable lessons about business and gaining work experience as well as working with some good co-workers. I will say although it is small you do have the opportunity to advance further in your career but just don't go in with the mindset that it will happen or you will see promotions all the time. I know people who spent 10 yrs in the same place and other who were promoted in 5 yrs (this is extremely rare).

Give people more opportunities to advance in their respective careers, increase your pay and work to better the moral of the culture. Most people who work for CE really really really dislike the company, so imagine how much more success you could have if you worked to increase the moral and better the company culture!

36 Other Employee Reviews for Carrier Enterprise (View Most Recent)

Certainly not the beliefs America was founded on

Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Winchester, VA
    Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Winchester, VA

I worked at Carrier Enterprise full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you don't mind working as a temp for a year making low wages, then you might get lucky enough to get hired as long as you can beat out the other temps in the competition for only a few open positions, then you might get an average wage.

Cons

Lower and middle management spend all their time texting their girlfriends and not working which causes work to build up on the warehouse workers who already are overworked. Osha and labor laws don't apply at carrier enterprise, the forklifts leak propane, the dock plates are broken and on and on and on, breaks go like this- you work 15 hours and you get a 1/2 hour lunch, that's it! They only employee about 1/2 the amount of people that they actually need to do the work. The overworked exhausted employees are constantly receiving and I quote constructive criticism and write ups if something gets damaged, the fact that the forks are bent on the forklifts apparently isn't at fault for damage. Most of the coworkers were really awesome people working their butts off for their families, but their was one aka grumpy that was allowed to spend his miserable life making everyone else miserable, He spent his time trying to get promoted by making other people look bad and taking credit for other peoples work, what's strange is that he made more mistakes than anyone else even though he had been their longer.

Senior management should watch the tapes from the cameras when they visit warehouse locations so that they can see what goes on, They should also check the forklifts themselves because they are very unsafe. Senior management and the warehouse workers encompass about 1/2 of the employees and this is the 1/2 that actually work, the other 1/2 of the employees are lower and middle management just get paid for nothing, they don't work not even a little.

Manager

I worked at Carrier Enterprise full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Nothing positive to say about this group. On a downward spiral for years now.

Cons

What was once a great company is now being run by dishonest, unethical managers making decisions that sway for their personal benefit.

Get rid of the bad apples. Honest communication with the front line. Stop discriminating.

There are newer employer reviews for Carrier Enterprise