Just OK

Current Employee - Landman
Current Employee - Landman

I have been working at Carrizo Oil & Gas

Pros

Lots going on, if they will allow you to work on it

Cons

Can be boring at times when rig count rapidly decreases.

Advice to Management

Keep young ambitious employees busy so they don't feel like they have to look elsewhere.

reviews filtered by
  1. Full of Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Carrizo Oil & Gas

Pros

Carrizo is a rapidly expanding company with a focus on employees as its best asset. Exceptionally knowledgeable staff and room to grow your career. The salary and benefits are very handsome, and they make you feel rewarded for hard work. Other perks include the downtown location, free parking, and gym subsidies.

Cons

Rapid growth has led to some departments becoming inundated with work and short staffed. My hope is that hiring will catch up with the workload.

2. Great Company, management is clueless.

Former Contractor - Production Clerk in Houston, TX
    Former Contractor - Production Clerk in Houston, TX

I worked at Carrizo Oil & Gas as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay and benefits are great and the company is managed well from the business/financial aspect.

Cons

Management was NOT honest with me about the job description. It was very bait and switch. I was told one thing in my interview but my actual daily duties were not what was discussed. When I confronted my supervisor about this I was given the run around. 2 months later I was let go because "I didn't seem interested in the job", which of course was true because it wasn't the job I applied/interviewed for in the first place. My department was unnecessarily cut throat. Production techs behave as though they're on a trading floor...take it easy guys, you're just allocating. I attribute all of this to a toxic tone set by a frankly, inexperienced manager. He knew the trade, but nothing of managing and training a team and it shows through in the overall vibe set by him.

Advice to Management

Overall I think Carrizo is a great company to work for, I think my negative experience was fairly isolated to my situation. However if upper management doesn't do a better job of grooming mid management, there is going to be a high turn over rate come the big crew change. Be honest with job candidates about what the position entails.