There are newer employer reviews for Carrot

The most motivated I've ever felt at a job.

Current Employee - Producer in Brooklyn, NY
Current Employee - Producer in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Carrot full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Carrot Creative is one of the best agency experiences I've ever had - the close-knit office culture makes you feel like you're all working toward a common goal and motivates you to show up and work hard everyday. Managers empower employees at all levels to contribute ideas and take responsibility for their execution; the result is that people aren't afraid to voice their opinions and there is a sense of deep investment in projects. To summarize: people here care. A lot.

Cons

For those used to a large traditional agency setting, they may be blind-sided by the fact that there isn't a place to hide out and coast here. It's a scrappy environment that expects a lot from everyone under its roof, but the flip side of that is that hard work is recognized and rewarded. Also, at times the office can feel a bit like a frat house when boys are throwing a football back and forth at 4 pm.

19 Other Employee Reviews for Carrot (View Most Recent)

Fun and talented company!

I have been working at Carrot full-time

Pros

- incredibly talented people
    - open working environment
    - no layer of corporate nonsense
    - many after work (and during work) activities create a family-oriented environment
    - a culture that is entirely created by it's employee and not forced by the founders
    - clients are always people/companies that carrot can stand behind

Cons

- very fast work environment, so you need to be able to multi-task like crazy
    - music can sometimes be distracting, but there's a committee to moderate that!

Embracing Chaos (in a good way)

Current Employee - Director of Strategy in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Director of Strategy in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Carrot full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Autonomy - You have the ability and freedom to be as involved as you want on the projects you work on. It's very much an all-hands-on-deck type of environment that appreciates people who are multi-faceted and want to get their hands dirty.
    -Nimble - Put simply, we get things done, and we can do it as quickly as our clients want to move. This has been the biggest change for me, since coming from a much larger digital agency that had many layers of bureaucracy in order to start producing things.
    -People - I truly enjoy working with everyone here, from the upper management, to the the designers, developers, strategists, producers, account, creative, QA, analytics. Everyone is in it together and is striving toward the same goals. It's really like a family.
    -Work / Life balance - There's a culture of hard work and hustling, but this doesn't mean that we stay until 10PM every night. We believe in working smarter. I feel like the hours at Carrot (in comparison to industry standards) are good. Yes, there are ebbs & flows, but overall, I'm happy with the time I spend in the office. Also, there are frequent office happy hours and outtings that help break up the week.
    -Perks - Carrot invests a lot in making sure this is a pleasant work environment. Want to hit up Crossfit DUMBO? Carrot will cover part of that cost. Want some farm fresh food? Carrot will subsidize your Farmigo order. Want to eat Cookie Crisp every morning for breakfast? Just put it on the grocery list.

Cons

A lot of the 'cons' are things that actually make Carrot a great and unique place to work.

-Smaller team means fewer resources. This isn't always a bad thing. In fact, I left a larger agency because I wanted a more 'boutique' feel. The one time the smaller agency is a detriment is when pitching new biz and you have to take resources away from the more important and pressing current client needs.
    -We are young. I mean, really young. There's not much here in they way of veterans in the ad industry, or otherwise. Again, this can be seen as a positive as well as a negative, but sometimes it's good to have people with varying levels of experience to balance an organization out.

As we grow, hold onto the culture that keeps Carrot unique. Every agency can compete on talent, technology, and process, but culture is something that can't be manufactured.

There are newer employer reviews for Carrot