There are newer employer reviews for Carson Pirie Scott

Logistics

I worked at Carson Pirie Scott

Pros

nice management , friendly , and considerate to their employees

Cons

very little opportunity for advancement

allow employees to maximize their capabilities.

91 Other Employee Reviews for Carson Pirie Scott (View Most Recent)

Was an alright place to work, but can also be somewhat draining after a while.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Carson Pirie Scott

Pros

Most of my coworkers were nice and we had a lot of fun during the shifts. The discount on the clothes was also a plus.

Cons

Some of the customers were difficult and I always disliked having to soliciting credit to people I knew didn't want it done.

I think the whole credit solicitation should be eased up on. I also think they should realize that the employees have lives outside of work and not everyone can drop everything in order to work an unexpected shift.

Very far behind the rest

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor
    Current Employee - Beauty Advisor

I have been working at Carson Pirie Scott

Pros

I like the close relationships I have built through out the years with my fello co-workers.

Cons

Too many to put but I'll list a few:

They tend to promote those who have no experience in the depatment they are put in. Carsons cares more about seniority than who can perform the best. They would rather promote someone to women's shoes or cosmetics, who has been working in a department such as bedding and has no people skills, rather than an associate who has experience, has shown great customer service and who doesn't burn any bridges.

I have repeatedly had issues with my schedule and went to HR about it and nothing has been changed. Now I am not talking about wanting a day off just because. I'm talking about being a part time employee and hearing my manager complain to me that I can't request a Sunday off for my sister's baby shower that I had requested off three months ago.

I also don't appreciate the disrespect that my counter manager has given me. Going to HR doesn't help either because they do nothing about it

Get new management and reconsider what trash you hire.

There are newer employer reviews for Carson Pirie Scott