There are newer employer reviews for Carter's

Great experience as a Contractor

Former Employee - Data Analyst  in  Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Data Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Carter's as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The people were very friendly. No backstabbing, gossip, etc.

Cons

None, I wanted to stay on.

128 Other Employee Reviews for Carter's (View Most Recent)

Few hours, condescending, barely got any experience as a cashier

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Carter's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Baby clothing is easy to fold

Cons

Hired as a seasonal associate, in those couple of weeks I was always on the sales floor and never got a break at the cash register because they started my register training ridiculously late. I never even got a name tag, so people were unsure I was working there. I was the youngest employee there at the time, and as far as "Equal Opportunity" goes, yeah well, that went to the dumps with me at Carter's. It was my first job. I was treated like the youngest, criticized over trying to give customers an extra 5 min of my help, always pointed toward the things that I should do (e.g- fix this rack) as I was DOING it or helping a customer...overall I was not trusted and because they only let me take care of the register ONCE for twenty minutes, I had made the "lowest $$$$", so I was at the bottom of the list and ended up having only 4-8 hours a week the last month I worked there. I genuinely gave it my all and made sales with the way I dedicated myself to the customers. Worked at the basement lifting merchandise, cleaned the bathrooms, never lounged. Did all the dirty work while they gave the other girls primped up, easy time at the register. They let me go, claiming I was seasonal help and they didn't need me. Safe to say they just preferred someone with more experience.

Unwelcoming

I have been working at Carter's full-time

Pros

It's a baby store not hard to be happy! The pay is good and the company is solid.

Cons

For my situation I was brought onto the team, when told about policy and why this store didn't follow it I had questions about why we don't adhere to policy I was ostracized and shut out by the Manager and team making the work place uncomfortable and difficult to learn and understand my job obligations.

Look into the Manager Training program, that company policies are actually being taught not just being said.

There are newer employer reviews for Carter's

Worked for Carter's? Contribute to the Community!