There are newer employer reviews for Cartus

their peoples are the best thing in the company

Current Employee - International Assignment Associate in Singapore (Singapore)
Current Employee - International Assignment Associate in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Cartus full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great colleagues and teamwork displayed

Cons

Benefits are not very competitive and long working hours

139 Other Employee Reviews for Cartus (View Most Recent)

Good intentions, but many internal process problems between departments.

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Cartus full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I truly feel that management at all levels within the company genuinely wants to create a best in class experience for clients, customers & employees. Contrary to what others have stated, I've found that there are opportunities for advancement for standout performers, and from my perspective the pay scale is quite fair (note that I am not in the Danbury HQ, so cost of living may influence my opinion in this area). Benefits are very generous & I've found my leaders caring, flexible, and accommodating. Cartus employees are good people & treat each other well (the rare exception being those employees who are clearly overloaded).

Cons

Very long working hours for salaried staff--I often put in 50-60 hours per week. Business travel is cumbersome. There should be a way that employees do not have to pay for their own travel (booked at least 2 weeks prior) and wait until after travel to submit for reimbursement. At least airfare and hotel room & tax should be direct billed. I always wind up having to pay my credit card before I've received my reimbursement, which is annoying. The reimbursement process is also a bit of a calamity.

The main con I have about Cartus is the way processes are developed that often impede departments from working together. There are so many layers of red tape to get through before anything can be accomplished, that sometimes people simply give up out of sheer frustration. Seriously, I think Cartus could compete with any government agency in terms of the amount of paperwork & processes it takes to get business done. Cartus should trust its people and empower them to make decisions within certain parameters. The rigidity that we currently work under is not beneficial to clients, customers, or employees.

Trust your people to make decisions. Help your departments work together by removing unnecessary rescritions & complexities (for example, the way in which Operations & relo acctg/CEM work together is NOT collaborative whatsoever). Continue to focus on the customer. Employees want to provide exceptional service but feel crippled by internal inefficiencies. Sort these issues out & employees will feel more job satisfaction. Staff your departments adequately to handle the volume of work (otherwise, expect errors, dissatisfied clients/customers, and unfulfilled employees). Staff proactively for seasonal volume surges.

Big Pay Cut

I have been working at Cartus full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good time off policies, 7.5 hour work day, and a good benefits package. Generally friendly atmostphere. Being owned by Realogy adds stability.

Cons

I was given a huge cut in pay even though I'm doing the same job. I'm stlil complemented on my work, and I know enough about the budget to know the pay cut wasn't necessary.

The company debt can be wiped out with the IPO. Pay people what they've proven they're worth.

There are newer employer reviews for Cartus