Cartus

www.cartus.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cartus

their peoples are the best thing in the company

Current Employee - International Assignment Associate in Singapore (Singapore)
Current Employee - International Assignment Associate in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Cartus full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great colleagues and teamwork displayed

Cons

Benefits are not very competitive and long working hours

148 Other Employee Reviews for Cartus (View Most Recent)

Good intentions, but many internal process problems between departments.

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Cartus full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I truly feel that management at all levels within the company genuinely wants to create a best in class experience for clients, customers & employees. Contrary to what others have stated, I've found that there are opportunities for advancement for standout performers, and from my perspective the pay scale is quite fair (note that I am not in the Danbury HQ, so cost of living may influence my opinion in this area). Benefits are very generous & I've found my leaders caring, flexible, and accommodating. Cartus employees are good people & treat each other well (the rare exception being those employees who are clearly overloaded).

Cons

Very long working hours for salaried staff--I often put in 50-60 hours per week. Business travel is cumbersome. There should be a way that employees do not have to pay for their own travel (booked at least 2 weeks prior) and wait until after travel to submit for reimbursement. At least airfare and hotel room & tax should be direct billed. I always wind up having to pay my credit card before I've received my reimbursement, which is annoying. The reimbursement process is also a bit of a calamity.

The main con I have about Cartus is the way processes are developed that often impede departments from working together. There are so many layers of red tape to get through before anything can be accomplished, that sometimes people simply give up out of sheer frustration. Seriously, I think Cartus could compete with any government agency in terms of the amount of paperwork & processes it takes to get business done. Cartus should trust its people and empower them to make decisions within certain parameters. The rigidity that we currently work under is not beneficial to clients, customers, or employees.

Trust your people to make decisions. Help your departments work together by removing unnecessary rescritions & complexities (for example, the way in which Operations & relo acctg/CEM work together is NOT collaborative whatsoever). Continue to focus on the customer. Employees want to provide exceptional service but feel crippled by internal inefficiencies. Sort these issues out & employees will feel more job satisfaction. Staff your departments adequately to handle the volume of work (otherwise, expect errors, dissatisfied clients/customers, and unfulfilled employees). Staff proactively for seasonal volume surges.

Moving in the right direction

I have been working at Cartus full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Being the market leader lets us work with the most interesting clients and customers
    - Realogy's probable IPO will put those financial concerns behind us
    - SIgnificant growth over the last 3 years has created a lot of opportunity
    - Work on cuture shows that managment is listening
    - Investments in acquisition and expansion show Cartus is in this for the long haul

Cons

- A large company sometimes feels cold and faceless
    - Cost containment means we lose good people over salary
    - middle and lower management seems not to understand humans
    - culture exists that does not support or reward going above and beyond

- Tie lower and middle mgt performance to metrics
    - Kick out the bums: employees and managers
    - Focus on satisfying clients/customers/employees as much as you focus on financials

There are newer employer reviews for Cartus