Good plate to work

Current Employee - Middle Manager in Peru, IL
Current Employee - Middle Manager in Peru, IL

I have been working at Carus

Pros

Competitive Pay
Challenging career
Great safety record

Cons

Benefits are terrible, health insurance is a joke

reviews filtered by
  1. Great Place to work

I have been working at Carus

Pros

Properly recognized for work that you do. Competitive salary for the area that the business is located in. Tuition reimbursement... this company invests in you and the future of your family.

Cons

Employees are resistant to change

CEO doesn’t care anymore. Only cares about money.

Current Employee - Plant Support in La Salle, IL
    Current Employee - Plant Support in La Salle, IL

I have been working at Carus full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Used to be a really great place to work.

Cons

It’s not a good place to work. I’m reading what the other people have reviewed and I agree. The problem is with the executive committee and especially Inga the CEO. There have been so many people that have worked real hard and she doesn’t have any loyalty to us. She makes a lot of money from the company but she acts like there are real hard times. The company is cutting costs right now because she thinks their not making enough money. She got rid of some people to cut costs including one guy who was here over 40 years, the customer service manager that we all liked at the plant, and the HR person who was out having her baby. It scares me to work for a company where they can just cut you and not care. It’s not real stable here and people are quitting left and right whenever they can because they don’t treat people right. The problem is that the bosses think everything is ok and they are in lalaland. Even with all of the people quitting and talking about how bad it is, they still don’t care about us and probably won’t care about you either.

Advice to Management

Benefits are really bad and the doctors are not even in our network anymore since the hospital got bought. There are a lot of us trying to leave and I hope that Inga realizes how bad she treats us before that happens. if she thinks business is bad now, wait until all the people who know what their doing and care leave. Its gotten worse every year for us employees since her dad stopped running it.