Cascade Microtech

www.cascademicrotech.com
  www.cascademicrotech.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cascade Microtech

chaotic and "we've always done it this way"

Former Employee - Accountant in Hillsboro, OR
Former Employee - Accountant in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Cascade Microtech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Challenging - if you like it. I did to some extend. I held as long as I though it was worth it, learned a lot.

Cons

Very challenging due to old accounting system and old philosophy. Improvements were literally not possible due to a single employee bully. A lot of re-work, no SWIs, no support/communication from other departments. I hear that employee is still there so more of the same?

think kaizen, people. it's time.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Cascade Microtech (View Most Recent)

I love it here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Cascade Microtech

Pros

This is a little company on the way up. There is so much to do to help it grow that it is easy to have a big impact. I am also learning new things every day. The people are wonderful. There are no politics and there is a high level of trust.

Cons

If you want a company with really well defined processes and a lot of structure, this isn't the place for you.

For the most part...positive.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Cascade Microtech

Pros

The employees are generally very 'team' oriented without some of the cut throat type of behavior at some bigger companies like Intel. Management really attempts to treat the people in their groups fairly and respectfully.

Cons

Due to the present economic 'realities', pay has really not kept up to pace with where they should be relative to similar positions within the industry.

If Cascade wants to hang on to their most valuable people, management needs to seriously consider paying them fairly for the value that they bring to the company. Some very valuable people have already left to go work for companies that better compensate for their skills and talents. Also, the review process and the rewards (pay increases) that come from the review process needs to be consistently applied. I recieved an excellent review (in the high 80's percentile) and did not recieve a raise in pay where others did recieve a raise simply because they had not gotten one in a long time.

There are newer employer reviews for Cascade Microtech