Cascade Natural Gas

www.cngc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cascade Natural Gas

Great little utility company in the Pacific Northwest that I'm glad has taken me in.

Current Employee - Rates & Conservation Analyst in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Rates & Conservation Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cascade Natural Gas

Pros

Fellow employees are EXTREMELY knowledgeable about the business (which helps a ton because I had no prior utilities experience) and are more than willing to share their knowledge.

Very attractive benefits and compensation package. I won't lie, you work hard for it but in terms of OT the emphasis on work/life balance is highly appreciated.

While being very professional in terms of business, the people working at CNG are very friendly and regularly scheduled holiday events are highly entertaining.

Cons

No different than most other jobs in that there are certain projects that require more work and hours usual. On balance though, these projects are tackled as a team and the late nights are very few and far between.

Maintain the emphasis on communication. I say this because it is obvious (or at least there seems to me) that there is an explicit effort to speak with employees, disseminate even high-level corporate information, etc.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Cascade Natural Gas (View Most Recent)

A great place for well earned labor

I worked at Cascade Natural Gas

Pros

Outside all day working with customers, coworkers or solo. Wonderful variety.

Cons

Some organizations issues but nothing that can't be overcome. Occasionally some customers are very difficult to work with.

Can't Recommend

I have been working at Cascade Natural Gas full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Used to be a great company to work for before they were sold to MDU and the office was moved to Kennewick. Few people made the move so there has been lots of turnover and inexperienced employees coming in.

Cons

Ineffective management and poor treatment of employees. Most current employees are either looking for new work or just hanging on till retirement. With high turnover, new employees are not being well mentored.

Lead by example and "With Integrity". Just because it's in your slogan doesn't mean it happens on its own. Make people proud of where they work again.

There are newer employer reviews for Cascade Natural Gas