There are newer employer reviews for Casey's General Stores

I loved working at Casey's!

Former Employee - Cashier in Saint Ansgar, IA
Former Employee - Cashier in Saint Ansgar, IA

I worked at Casey's General Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I thought the compensation was competative. I loved most of the people I worked with, and my managers were always very positive and helpful. I had been working a fair amount of overtime (more than 10 hours in one day), and my manager fought for me to be paid fairly for those hours, even though he was under pressure to reduce overtime costs. The interaction with the locals in a small community was so fun!

Cons

It's hard to get all of the closing duties done with customers constantly walking through the door. That leads to either staying later, or not getting the work done.

Advice to Management

Allowing even one free food item per shift might make your employees a little happier. I realize that allowing employees to eat staled food might make you worry that kitchen workers will over produce. As long as the books are well-kept, that shouldn't be a problem. Plus, understanding the cost to the company, employees may eat the staled food as their one free item anyway. Then you have less waste and happier workers.

Other Employee Reviews for Casey's General Stores

1. Easy work, though sometimes made difficult by high-ups"

Current Employee - Cashier/Cook in Maysville, MO
    Current Employee - Cashier/Cook in Maysville, MO

I have been working at Casey's General Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are usually easy going, the work isn't all that difficult, 1 1/2 pay for holidays, advancement is possible within a short time provided you can do the work

Cons

Hours can be hectic and sometimes newer part-timers take priority over full-timers that have been there for years, higher-ups can often set unreasonable daily shift tasks that require sacrifices to customer service, hours are not always effectively given/spread among employees/shifts

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, we understand the more specific aspects of our respective stores just as much, if not more, because we deal with it on a day-to day basis; and don't cut stores hours to drastic levels then blame the employees because they have to sacrifice customer service to meet your upkeep demands.

Full of many good days and other very challenging days.

Current Employee - SALES CLERK in Mendota, IL
    Current Employee - SALES CLERK in Mendota, IL

I have been working at Casey's General Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The customers are overall great and help make your days go by quickly. They are also pretty good about working with you and scheduling demands. The benefits that the company gives there employees in options are great and they make sure their employees are well covered.

Cons

You have to be willing to working most holidays and to cover for people when they choose to call off. You also only have a two week schedule at a time, so it makes it challenging to try to make plans since the new schedule typical doesn't come out till the middle of the second week.

Advice to Management

Allow your employers to be able to set more then a two week schedule for their employees. Also check the way managers are managing their stores from time to time and make sure things are getting done as they should when they should be.