Cash America

www.cashamerica.com

Cashland- Things could certainly be better.

Cash Advance Associate (Current Employee)

Pros-The starting pay is better than the majority of other places in my area.
-Sundays off
-Freedom to do things my own way.
-Overall co-workers are friendly.

Cons-Training process isn't great.
-They keep adding new "financial solutions" for customers without properly explaining how to do them. Way too many of those solutions combined with inadequate training makes doing all of them on a daily basis confusing at times.
-Really unorganized way of doing a lot of things. This includes scheduling, and the constant changes made there really annoy me.
-Some customers are absolutely horrendous, rude, and obnoxious. There's not a very good process for dealing with that. Basically it's "good luck."
-The program used for cash advance loans/pawns/etc seems to fail or slow down to ridiculously slow speeds constantly. This makes angry customers even more angry, impatient customers angry customers, and patient customers upset customers. Again, there's not a very good process for dealing with that. At least not when it happens over and over.
-There doesn't appear to be any real advancement opportunities from what I've seen; even though the company mentioned them several times in the hiring process. Unless someone retires, quits, moves, or dies I don't see my part-time position in the company changing or going anywhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease work on getting the systems stabilized to keep the stress off our backs. We have enough of it most days without any additions because of slow programs or total system failures.

Multifaceted Job in Fast-Paced Environment Helping Customers Meet Their Short-term Financial Needs.

Pawn Shop Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cash America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: A pawn shop is a great place to work if you value helping others who need money to tide them over until the next paycheck.… Cons: The pay is not great, in spite of the bonus potential every month. Many of our own employees have to pawn items in other shops… Advice to Senior Management: Rationalize the paperwork that is required and eliminate the redundancies. Much of the reports is not read or reacted upon anyway. The SMT preparation, FAP… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Its ok.

I have been working at Cash America

Pros: Co-workers are fantastic. Money is ok if you work for… Cons: They promote people who have no idea what they are doing. Their "Mentor" managers dont do anything , the assistants do all of the work.… Advice to Senior Management: Give your assistants more props, we dont make near what the managers and most of the time we run the shop. You put alot into… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Cash America.

Worked for Cash America? Contribute to the Community!