There are newer employer reviews for Cash America

A career and a personal life... Yeah Right!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Cash America

Pros

They have a very thorough training program. They are very determined to teach you the proper tools to make the business as profitable as possible.

Cons

Limited insurance plan for the first six months. (Don't get sick) VERY LIMITED! You have to work a minimum of 48 hours to receive the salary they offer, I am working over 60 hours a week and have been since my hire date. But they do offer "premium overtime" Which gives you about $4 an hour for anything over 48 hours worked. I only take about ten minutes to eat my lunch if I get one and am right back to work. By the time you break the salary down to an hourly rate I am making about $9.00 an hour. (less than the full time CSR's) If you complain about it or try to take a day off, you will be told that is part of being in management. They ask on their job postings "How would you like to have a career and a life too?" It's a little misleading. Ya think!!

When hiring hard working people, Let them know your true expectations upfront. And the job postings should probably say "How would you like to have a career and NO LIFE!!

89 Other Employee Reviews for Cash America (View Most Recent)

No Management Support

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Cash America

Pros

It is a good place to be from.

Cons

Management is satisfied with the status quo even though they claim to be open to change. There is little or no direction but quite a bit of monday morning quarterbacking.

Get involved.

Overall a good place to work, but not perfect.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Cash America

Pros

The Company believes its mission statement and is committed to its customers and to its industry. The tone at the top is positive, and the people are decent.

Cons

The headquarters culture has gotten fairly siloed, and there is not a lot of exchange of ideas between the various departments. As the business has matured, it is becoming more bureaucratic and cautious than earlier on in its history. The organization has evolved from being fairly flat to being stratified, so that it has become more difficult to get things done and less communication across levels.

Need to encourage communication and improved vetting of ideas. Need to figure out how to get things done more quickly. While, given the criticism of the cash advance industry, it is understandable that the company be prudent and circumspect in its business practices, it has become overly cautious.

There are newer employer reviews for Cash America

Worked for Cash America? Contribute to the Community!