There are newer employer reviews for Cash America

Fair Company but too much office drama

Former Employee - I Was A Team Lead In the Collections Department  in  Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - I Was A Team Lead In the Collections Department in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Cash America

Pros

My former boss. She was the director of collections and she put a lot of effort of developing middle management.

Cons

They promoted from within. At times the pickings were slim and it seemed they would hope for the best as it was policy to hire/promote that way. At times it felt as if some members of middle management were carrying the weight of others which caused friction.

Look at the possibility of hiring outside the company, and work on the office rumors/ gossip.

89 Other Employee Reviews for Cash America (View Most Recent)

Nice place to work

I have been working at Cash America

Pros

Cash America Pawn is a really nice place to work with a nice friendly environment. Depending on your area or region this may or may not be the case. But overall the company is a nice place of employment.

Cons

Pay. The pay is not all that well in regard to the amount of work that is required. Management may or may not be paid well but the associate pay could be better.

Open door policy

Cashland- Things could certainly be better.

Current Employee - Cash Advance Associate
    Current Employee - Cash Advance Associate

I have been working at Cash America part-time for less than a year

Pros

-The starting pay is better than the majority of other places in my area.
    -Sundays off
    -Freedom to do things my own way.
    -Overall co-workers are friendly.

Cons

-Training process isn't great.
    -They keep adding new "financial solutions" for customers without properly explaining how to do them. Way too many of those solutions combined with inadequate training makes doing all of them on a daily basis confusing at times.
    -Really unorganized way of doing a lot of things. This includes scheduling, and the constant changes made there really annoy me.
    -Some customers are absolutely horrendous, rude, and obnoxious. There's not a very good process for dealing with that. Basically it's "good luck."
    -The program used for cash advance loans/pawns/etc seems to fail or slow down to ridiculously slow speeds constantly. This makes angry customers even more angry, impatient customers angry customers, and patient customers upset customers. Again, there's not a very good process for dealing with that. At least not when it happens over and over.
    -There doesn't appear to be any real advancement opportunities from what I've seen; even though the company mentioned them several times in the hiring process. Unless someone retires, quits, moves, or dies I don't see my part-time position in the company changing or going anywhere.

Please work on getting the systems stabilized to keep the stress off our backs. We have enough of it most days without any additions because of slow programs or total system failures.

There are newer employer reviews for Cash America

Worked for Cash America? Contribute to the Community!