Cash America

www.cashamerica.com
  www.cashamerica.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cash America

Good place to work, but draining.

I worked at Cash America

Pros

Employee discounts, 401k, bonuses, great salary. You meet all kinds of people from different walks of life. Awesome place to learn about the pawn business.

Cons

You meet all kinds of people from different walks of life. Working at a pawn shop at times can become stressful.

My advice to management would be to listen to your assistant managers as much as you listen to the store managers.

101 Other Employee Reviews for Cash America (View Most Recent)

Great At First, Downhill the Last Couple of Years!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Cash America

Pros

Good Pay
    Good Benefits
    Until recently a fun and professional place to work.
    Great customers.

Cons

Turning into a one size fits all organization. They are no longer looking at their core business and the individuality each location has. Corporate and regional leaders are no longer from our industry and have no real knowledge of the field end of our industry.

Bring back the industry professionals that led us to being an industry giant without the gold give away success of recent. Our company will not succeed very well as a Walmart type store. We have too many diverse customer bases. Hire good and knowledgable field management teams and go back to our core business. Working as a neighborhood financial institution instead of a one size fits all corporation is what built our company. It will be the only thing that help it succeed when the gold winfall is over again.
    Dan Feehan has been a great leader. Somehow, his team has strayed away from what we are. I know he can take us back to the great company I loved to work for until recently.

tons and tons of hours

Current Employee - Shop Manager
    Current Employee - Shop Manager

I have been working at Cash America

Pros

the customers service is important to the company. benefits are decent only if you are with the company for a minimum of 6 months. they provide a good training program

Cons

Management does not care if you have a personal life. they don't care if you work 14hrs a day, it seems if they almost expect it. its all about the bottom line, the company is so focused on expansion and $ they forget about who makes them money

remember that your people make the company what it is today

There are newer employer reviews for Cash America