There are newer employer reviews for Cashstar

Fantastic place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Portland, ME
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Portland, ME

I have been working at Cashstar full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people are awesome, there is a great energy in the building, and every day presents new challenges which I love.

I've been here 3 months now and I can't imagine working anywhere else in Maine. Everybody at CashStar is excited to be working here and for good reason.

Cons

There is a ton of work to be done because we are growing so fast. It can be stressful but in my mind it is a good kind of stress.

Continue to foster growth. This company has grown from a handful of employees to over 80. I would love to see even more talented individuals join the effort here.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Cashstar (View Most Recent)

Great place to work in a Great state!

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Portland, ME
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Portland, ME

I have been working at Cashstar full-time (more than an year)

Pros

* Using the best Web technologies such at Python, Django, Java and Rabbit MQ and others!
    * Top notch world class scaling and architecture challenges--strong engineering skils a must have!
    *Living in Portland Maine is a huge benefit for the outdoors and great access to food and culture.
    * Free Soda, coffee and snacks!
    * Great client base made up of popular well known brands--fun creative work abounded!
    * A great culture for self starters and people not timid by the unknown or changing requirements.

Cons

* Not a lot of comparable jobs in this area if you decide you want to move around.
    * During the busy times of the year there can be quite a lot of commotion and requires priority management and discipline to obtain success.
    * Gifting holidays require more engineering On-Call time.

I believe the management will continue to grow out the company in a positive way that promotes sustainable growth. My advice is they stick to their roots and what they are good at.

What a hell hole, run don't walk away

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

I worked at Cashstar full-time (more than an year)

Pros

None, it sucked totally and completely in every possible way.

Cons

Where to start? Incompetent management, morale lower than you can believe, the most boring niche ever discovered, or talentless prima donnas? Is there less than 1 star for Senior Management?

If you have lost all motivation, get out of the way or get a new job. Try caring about the company and not just yourself for a change.

There are newer employer reviews for Cashstar