Cassidy Turley

There are newer employer reviews for Cassidy Turley

Lacking in vision

Former Employee - Graphic Design/Office Management in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Graphic Design/Office Management in Washington, DC

I worked at Cassidy Turley full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- you have some opprotunities to learn new skills
- some people care, you're very fortunate if you happen to work for a manager that does
- it's a job for a down economy i suppose.
- OK benefits
- a lot of young people
- nice location

Cons

- a very short glass ceiling. once you've hit it, get comfortable or get moving out the door because there is absolutely no room for growth professionally. it gets boring FAST. and don't even think about growing into other areas, they will have none of that even if you can see the need
- they push out innovative and good people. my manager was pushed out, as were several others around me. it was sad to see good people go and the "networked" people stay
- i remember dreading every day in that office. i dreaded every meeting i had to have with my manager when my original one was pushed out. it was a negative environment with no positive reinforcements. i constantly felt like i was watching over my shoulder, and i'm glad i did. i documented everything i did at work and when it came push to shove, i could retort all the Cassidy fables.
- they don't value professional development. when i saw no opportunity for development at cassidy, i obtained approval to go back to grad school part time. it overlapped once a week with my work schedule for an hour. when my manager was pushed out, the new manager did her best to stop me from pursing my masters. she even told me that my education was "worthless." - that's different.
- challenging industry with no support to be competitive.
- underpaid.

- learn to recognize talent. keep that talent.
- be open to growth in areas you didn't originally have in mind for someone.
- positive reinforcement is a good thing. you should try it sometime.
- respect people's work-life balance.
- transparency and honesty
- train all management positions. it's obvious they're not equipped to manage effectively

77 Other Employee Reviews for Cassidy Turley (View Most Recent)

de-centralized company with no competitive edge

Former Employee - Associate
    Former Employee - Associate

I worked at Cassidy Turley full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very little pros to working under the Cassidy Turley brand. Your business will not come through the house thusly the commission split structure is unfounded.

Cons

No facilitation by management and little help/resources from the Company. You might as well start your own business and not split fees considering what CT offers you as a broker (nothing).

Give up and sell your assets to a better brokerage.

Associate

Current Employee - Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Cassidy Turley full-time (less than an year)

Pros

employee, not contractor; benefits. medical, dental, vision, expenses. 401k matching program. Market leader, largest privately held commercial real estate firm in the country. Great branding, reputation, and service provided.

Cons

at the end of my one year runnership I will switch from salary to full commission

great job.