Castle Hill Inn and Resort
www.castlehillinn.com Newport, RI

Working hard to benefit the family that owns the property

Director of Food and Beverage (Former Employee)
Newport, RI

I worked at Castle Hill Inn and Resort

ProsBeautiful setting and fabulous guests help employees take pride in property and build teamwork. A great place to work for a season, but don't make it a career.

ConsHead office views managers as disposable; try and find a woman in a leadership position and you will search long and hard to find one. It's really a private fiefdom for one family and its subordinates (including children). The line "it's just business" gets tossed around all the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop people , loyalty works both ways! Succession planning does not exist and, of course, should. Salaries are below market--or just at market. However, there are fewer managers on staff, so managers who are present must do the work of two or three people. Get a new CEO.

The key to success is how you treat your employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Castle Hill Inn and Resort full-time for more than a year

Pros: Beautiful place, makes a great profit for the owners Cons: High turnover, disorganized, lack of knowledge, lack of staff overworks… Advice to Senior Management: Care as much about your employees as you do your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very high quality place

Breakfast Server/Lunch Server (Former Employee)
Newport, RI

I worked at Castle Hill Inn and Resort part-time for less than a year

Pros: Breakfast serving you get a flat wage, with potential tips. Management… Cons: Sometimes there is nothing to do, how can you keep… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Castle Hill Inn and Resort.

Worked for Castle Hill Inn and Resort? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Castle Hill Inn and Resort reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Castle Hill Inn and Resort employees.