There are newer employer reviews for CastleBranch

It started off as the best place I had ever worked, but as the company grew it lost its soul.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

I worked at CastleBranch

Pros

New building, and any job is better than no job, I suppose.

Cons

The Evil Empire will suck out your soul. Don't get comfortable in your job--they've "laid off" people who have been there 15+ years due to supposed budgetary restrictions, and then they bought an airplane.

Go back to your roots. Appreciate your employees.

reviews filtered by
  1. Castle Branch - In review

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This is a rapidly growing company that is open to doing things differently and not satisfied with being sedentary. Castle Branch has random perks to make a work experience more enjoyable: Free Breakfast Friday, free coffee, free fruit, entertainment areas for breaks with ping pong, on site food truck for purchase, employee onsite gym, free Friday paddle board rentals, free surf board rentals, free surf lessons, employee garden, 401k match, flexible scheduling, sales people may travel, etc. This is a great place to start a career and be a part of a great company culture.

Cons

Generally speaking, most roles require a lot of attention to detail while in a fast past environment to help the client. Those lacking those qualities will not succeed. This is a job. If you can't perform in the role, then you aren't performing the job they're paying you for. They have training programs to teach you the systems and processes. Pay is average. Low level repetative task positions are paid at a low level. Upper level demanding, stressful, performance-based positions receive more pay. There is room for internal growth with the multiple systems and processes that the company uses. Familiarity with the company flow will provide opportunity to grow within the company. Temp roles are exactly that, Temporary. If you're a shining star in a temporary role, Castle Branch will offer employment or call back when the next temp peak season. arises.

The constant growth, progression and evolution is terrific. Just remember that as we grow at this continued pace, the little things that need fixing are quickly turning into big things that need fixing.

2. Great for people right out of college!

I have been working at CastleBranch

Pros

I would have never in my life imagined I would be in an office position, but after 2 years I've really grown accustomed to it. I love my coworkers and most of the supervisors. We get lots of incentives and if you really show your true colors, you will be recognized; Whether good or bad. Operations has come a Looooooooooooong way since I first started and its really appreciated. You get a causal dress code (They understand that some days we want to wear Sweats and Sneakers), Wonderful training schedule established (Unlike when I first started, which consisted of the trainer drawing on her arm and looking at cat pictures online.) Each department has designated Mentors to assist employees while management and supervisors are busy in meetings and conferences, Pretty standard pay for the amount of work performed, and advancements for those who exceed. Alot of the reviews on here commented on cattiness which has really been eliminated in the past couple of months thanks to management taking care of the problem employees. They give opportunities to people with all sorts of degrees and even those without degrees, we all simply start on the same level and management recognizes are strengths and weaknesses and helps direct us to the right roles for us. Supervisors do seem overworked for such a small pay, but they still hold a positive attitude which is really something special if you ask me. Its a very diverse environment, so not a lot of cookie cutter coworkers and the company really thrives on self expression! Did I mention we have a brewery, Food truck, convenience stores in each building, fresh fruit and bagels delivered to us, and a free gym? plus I really find the benefits on par for an entry level job.

Cons

Alot of change. The company really changes alot which is to be expected if the company wants to thrive but it can make it a little stressful at times with changing policies weekly. I don't think this is really somewhere to make a career, but for fresh collage graduates? Its perfect to get your feet wet in professionalism and basic work skills. The pay is a little low for someone who may want to live alone or is trying to raise a family, but for a single graduate like myself I've really seen the company impact me in a positive way. Don't expect to keep your job if you don't have a good work ethic, or the management will put you in your place...which is on the streets.

Thanks for recognizing us little people, really lets us know you view us as individuals.

There are newer employer reviews for CastleBranch