Frustrating

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at CastleBranch

Pros

Some team leaders are flexible with needed time spent out of work. It is nice to have a laid back dress code.

Cons

Pay is horrible. Management makes a tremendous amount more than everyone else. Yearly raises include are about .30-.60 cents for most employees?!? Some positions are not even needed within the company, Many positions require a hight amount of responsibility and accountability with very little pay compared to other companies with similar positions. There are 'budget concerns,' yet frivolous spending happening constantly...i.e. private plane that is mostly used for upper management's personal (not the as-intended, company-wide business) trips. Initial training is not very good. There is hardly any organization within the company. It's basically a learn-as-you-go type of deal for all departments.

Advice to Management

It feels that the leadership at Castle Branch is more focused on the profit than employee retention, growth, or overall happiness at the company. There is a high turnover rate with this company due to the inadequate income, benefits, and career growth provided to employees. It is discouraging to work really hard to help a company grow then have someone with less education and less work experience make the same amount of income as you.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Surprisingly nice

Current Employee - Order Fulfillment Specialist in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Order Fulfillment Specialist in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at CastleBranch

Pros

Pay is pretty good for what you're doing Everyone seems to be in a good mood and greets you kindly Hours are very good, with easy to obtain overtime during peak season Very thorough training Easy to move from different positions as long as no degree or special knowledge is required.

Cons

Current shift, 11-8pm, doesn't allowed for any kind of a day life. Work week is Sunday through Thursday, not a problem for some, but I never enjoyed working on Sundays and if you go to church you will miss it.

Advice to Management

As it's my first week on the job, there really isn't a whole lot I can say about the management at Castle Branch. From how everyone acts, I can assume a tight ship is ran and everyone is pretty satisfied.

It started off as the best place I had ever worked, but as the company grew it lost its soul.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

I worked at CastleBranch

Pros

New building, and any job is better than no job, I suppose.

Cons

The Evil Empire will suck out your soul. Don't get comfortable in your job--they've "laid off" people who have been there 15+ years due to supposed budgetary restrictions, and then they bought an airplane.

Advice to Management

Go back to your roots. Appreciate your employees.