CastleBranch

There are newer employer reviews for CastleBranch

Could be better

Former Employee - Operations in Wilmington, NC
Former Employee - Operations in Wilmington, NC

I worked at CastleBranch full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great location, friendly co-workers, great benefit offers for FT employees, "fun-days". It is in a good location compared to the area with shopping and food directly across the street, the co-workers I've had are extremely supportive and friendly, we stick up for each other. Had 2 great supervisors (both who either moved departments or found better jobs) but out of like 10+ supervisors and managers, not saying much. Only ones who cared about the customers AND the employees.
They do have these "Fun-Days" where food is brought in on the owner's expense or certain games are scheduled but mostly these are during the "Peak" season when we have the most business. The yearly Christmas party is always a blast though.

Cons

Less than average pay for positions, high turn over rate among employees, no real room for growth in departments, management/supervisors can be gossipy and back-stabbing to their employees if they feel their positioned is even slightly threatened or just don't like you. Like most companies they have those few people who are only in higher positions because they know/related to someone higher up the chain but don't want to do their jobs right so it hurts the department severely.
Employees are expected to take over management duties the manager doesn't feel like doing WITHOUT extra pay or benefits and if they decline to take on the extra duties they're out-casted and schedules are cut. Saw this happen twice to fellow co-workers. with as often as they "re-arrange" the management and supervisor roles there isn't much room for growth unless you come straight in to that position from the get go.
Management will boast about how they care more about the customers but when it comes down to it and how they treat their employees and train them, it's really about the numbers. How many records you can review in so many hours or your fired, how many orders you can push out, how many phone calls you can complete while making them less than 2 minutes (What kind of customer service is that?!), how many sales you can push into a contract without fully going over it, etc.

Start actually paying attention to what it is your employees jobs are so you know what to do and how to help out. Put yourself in their shoes, especially since 90% of them are working for less than the average pay for you and busting their butts for your name.

33 Other Employee Reviews for CastleBranch (View Most Recent)

Fired for lack of faith

Former Employee - Order Fulfillment in Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - Order Fulfillment in Wilmington, NC

I worked at CastleBranch full-time (less than a year)

Pros

good hours and flexible schedule

Cons

You're not paid nearly enough for what you do.

Person who trained me did not give a crap if I was learning the material at all. I would ask questions and he would give what he thought was a good response. Even if he didn't answer my question at all, I would ask again and he would get irritated and give me the exact same answer.

They fired me because during the first phase of training I had 10 days to do 10 requirements...at the end of 5 days I had only completed 2 of them so they didn't think I would make it. I found out that the next day they gave everyone an extra 3 days to fill the requirements.

Make sure your trainers can actually train.

ehh

I have been working at CastleBranch

Pros

good people, tough company though.

Cons

Too much rotation and change.

There are newer employer reviews for CastleBranch