Casual Male Retail Group

www.casualmalexl.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Casual Male Retail Group

Alright if you like to do everything in your store.

I have been working at Casual Male Retail Group

Pros

Flexible scheduling tht allows for family and personal time. Stable business with niche clientele. Opportunity to advance with some patience.

Cons

The health benefits are pretty abysmal. The amount of work an employee (even management) has to do is extensive for the compensation given. There is usually only one, sometimes 2 employees in the store running all facets of the operation.

If you compensate your employees well enough the caliber of employee you will get will match the amount you spend. Great employees guarantee a happy customer and a stronger likelihood to return in addition to more sales. If current compensation continues expect to keep losing your best employees to other clothing companies who compensate accordingly.

76 Other Employee Reviews for Casual Male Retail Group (View Most Recent)

No pay-raise for 2 years, they don't appreciate time served (5 years).

Former Employee - Key Holder
    Former Employee - Key Holder

I worked at Casual Male Retail Group part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nice customers. Good product. Reasonably good prices (though not cheap) for the quality of goods.

Cons

Company suspended pay raises for two years, while purchasing new PCs for all stores nationwide, and introducing an extremely expensive training program. They couldn't give their employees their due pay raises, but they could afford new (unnecessary) toys. In the 5 years I was there, the company went from a pleasant place to work, to a stress inducing nightmare, with a demeaning, mandatory sales technique to squeeze as much money from our customers as possible. Self-serving, cold-hearted manager, whose disdain for our guests was just below the surface (several customers mentioned this to me, so it wasn't just my observation).

Learn to appreciate employees with experience, and who was liked by our guest, and get over your personal vendettas.

Horrible place to work!

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Casual Male Retail Group

Pros

You get to know local customers very well. You become very close with your co-workers and employees of other stores in the area because the stores have so little employees.

Cons

They make you hound the customers about every area of their personal lives. Make you upsell everyone even if they are constantly shopping in the store. Very little praise from anyone above the store manager level. Assistant managers and below get very few hours compared to other companies. The pay is horrible since the change to commission especially for some of the very low volume stores. The district managers constantly tell you how easily they can replace you even though they can't fill the positions that are already open. They do not allow enough payroll so most of the time there is only one employee working. I only got one lunch break in the year and a half that I worked there. I was also told that if I took a fifteen minute break I could not smoke during it. Was made to work when the store had no heat and it was -20 outside. I was not allowed to leave work when my father in law was in the hospital and only had a few hours to live. It was a horrible place to work and I do not recommend working there to anyone.

The upper management needs to listen to the store level employees since they are the ones that know the customers. Replace the CEO. The company went downhill when he started the job.

There are newer employer reviews for Casual Male Retail Group