Out of TOUCH

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Casual Male Retail Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

shorter retail hours,specialty retail sales

Cons

gave employees 25% pay cut and replaced with 3% comm.Managers never recovered decrease in pay Benefits are expensive and they force ALL even part time employess to enroll in $)!K.Limited coverage on floor becoming more commen to work alone with only a meal break,not having coverage to use the restroom even.Upper management is harassing ,VP and HR does nothing about it.No exit interviews from HR to see why the turnovers.Customers feel they are being taken advantage of on pricing and store associates are the ones hearing it daily.Customers say everyday they don't want a DXL,they want a resonable price item in this economy NOT a $30 pocket T-shirt no matter how large it is.They are knocking of the sales techniques of Menswear house,but one major thing is missing George Zimmer CEO of MENSWEAR house takes good care of his employees and provides a good product and a reasonanle price for the quality! He would never take from his employees customer to have prettier stores.Out of touch in all aspects

Other Reviews for Casual Male Retail Group

Work Culture from Hell!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Victorville, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Victorville, CA

I worked at Casual Male Retail Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

Store Hours and only because the got shortened.

Cons

Where to begin, there's just so many bad things about this company. In 2010 this place was actually good to work for, then around June 2011 they financially raped VERY LOYAL employees by cutting their salaries 25%. This was part of a larger business plan to close all Casual Males and turn them into DXLs. The company refused to transfer hard working employees to the new DXLs and decided to starve them out. This worked however those that stayed have been harassed by new district managers and treated like total crap. Now the average pay is below minimum wage hourly base rate ($5.50-7) full time is 30hrs a week and they typically only give you 12-15 hours but expect you to be available 7 days of the week. Only those with management experience need apply for this.
         Expect to be used and work alone all the time and video recorded in secret shops. While alone you will do 21 boxes of shipment, call customers, execute promotions and floor merchandising and let's not forget you have to stalk customers for sales, because after all you ARE ON COMMISSION. You want lunch?? Then close the store down ( per corporate) and hear the complains laterThe computer system and internet are from the dinasour era, really really slow. One last thing, You better know CPR because most of the clients are morbidly obese and smell like sweaty b***s. Casual male will use you and spit you out by giving you 5 hrs a week. They don't even provide you with water.

Appreciate your employees and don't starve them or work them like slaves.

Awful company from top to bottom,

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Loveland, CO
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Loveland, CO

I worked at Casual Male Retail Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

hours are OK...
    Not many other pro's I could come up with at this job

Cons

Bad Managment From DM to RM
    Awful pay
    Expected to stalk and hound customers for sales
    Worst computer system I have ever had to deal with since I was in grade school in the 80's
    No support from Store manager to Corporate
    Bad training
    I worked many long hours by myself with no brakes
    I was a Assistant Manager and could never count on getting the same amount of hours week to week
    My RM refused to give enough pay roll hours to hire a much needed fourth person so if some on got sick or need a time off I work 12 hour shift by myself many times...
    Awful,Awful Job and Company

Treat your help better and pay them better maybe they will actually stay

There are newer employer reviews for Casual Male Retail Group.

Worked for Casual Male Retail Group? Contribute to the Community!