There are newer employer reviews for Casual Male Retail Group

Great environment and easy company to work for.

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Lawndale, CA
Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Lawndale, CA

I worked at Casual Male Retail Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My store manager was really great with training me and getting me ready for the next step with the company. Our store was the highest volume in the district and we worked hard each day to make sure we kept that title. Customer service was always stressed at all times.

Cons

Hours were not always consistent week to week due to the fact that it is a specialty retail store as well as store hours were not very long.

Advice to Management

Encourage your staff at all times, this will encourage them to stay and work.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. They're OK.

I have been working at Casual Male Retail Group

Pros

Benefits packages for part-time employees.

Cons

Unreasonable expectations regarding store coverage vs. hours allowed.

It just kept getting worse the longer I stayed.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Springfield, IL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Springfield, IL

I worked at Casual Male Retail Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Store is only open for about 7 hours a day, so no late nights or early mornings. You won't have to worry about how to spend all the money you make since you will barely make a living wage.

Cons

This company lies to its employees regularly. Each new initiative is presented as an improvement when in reality it makes the employee experience worse. Pay structure: I received three separate pay cuts during my time working there. Each was presented to me as a "raise The first time I was given $20 more per week and then told I have to work 5 additional hours. Call me crazy, but that's an hourly pay cut. The final straw was having my pay cut to minimum wage + commission. Any company that expects its MANAGERS to work on commission isn't going to get effective managers, they're going to get sales people. Benefits package: When premiums and out of pocket maximums went up with no changes in coverage, we were told it was an improvement in care. I spoke to the head of HR, and he actually tried to convince me I was better off paying more for insurance after having taken a pay cut. I get that insurance was getting more expensive, but again quit lying and telling me I'm better off. Corporate does not respect or care about the field: I was on a conference call and got called away to help a customer. When I came back, my call had ended and a DM group was using the conference call line. The way they spoke about the store managers and other store employees was disgraceful. The regional manager literally told DMs to push store managers to quit so they could hire new staff at lower pay.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to your employees. At least if you were honest when you were screwing us over we'd feel like you respected us as people. Don't insult my intelligence.