There are newer employer reviews for Casual Male Retail Group

Bullying, gossiping, junior high behavior

I worked at Casual Male Retail Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The guests are great. They deserve better.

Cons

Lying district manager
pay cut to BELOW minimum wage as a "promotion"

DM is a bully that hasn't progressed beyond junior high. She invites gossip, then spreads it around. She asks "what do you think of so-and-so", then confronts "so and so" with what was said about them.

If you don't "fit in" (ie, she has trouble feeling "above" you), she will do ANYTHING to help you fail.

Be very careful working for this company. Everyone will take advantage of your kindness, then they'll stab you in the back. I can't even count the number of favors that I was punished for. The culture of this company seems to rely on pitting everyone against each other. The bully DM seeks out weak underlings to report back to her. In turn, they are rewarded with the recognition that they crave. All in all, this place is every dysfunctional.

Do I even need to detail how a "promotion" to DXL from Casual Male involved a pay CUT of over $4.00 an hour, BELOW minimum wage?

reviews filtered by

It is a great company (to steal employees from)...everyone is looking for other employment.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Casual Male Retail Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The district manager is great but no one trusts the regional on up. They are condescending and overall just really fake. I was a store manager for a few years until I escaped.

Cons

The store manager is paid well but no one else, making it extremely difficult to recruit and retain staff. We had to promise them the world but couldn't deliver a pizza. It becomes a revolving door of people who can't afford to keep the job. Commissioned staff quickly become cut throat and accuse each other of stealing sales etc. Just an overall horrible business model and culture.

Pay talented people a fair wage instead of telling them there is unlimited potential and that 'you just have to learn the company selling techniques to earn it' (commission). I left because I was tired of lying to people just to fill empty positions.Also you will never receive a raise (because of all the 'potential' commission you are sure to make). Hogwash.

Worst job ever

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Casual Male Retail Group part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The hours were decent until they made them longer

Cons

Upper management only cares about the DXL stores.
    POOR PAY!!! They set you up below minimum wage with a 3% commission which only averages out to about $8 bucks an hour

Need a more managers to micromanage than having one DM to oversee multiple states

There are newer employer reviews for Casual Male Retail Group