Casual Male Retail Group

www.casualmalexl.com
  www.casualmalexl.com
There are newer employer reviews for Casual Male Retail Group

Customer & employee satisfaction is the least of their conserns

I have been working at Casual Male Retail Group part-time

Pros

The store manager is awesome. The flexibility of scheduling is great. The customers are awesome.

Cons

The store is located in the Ghetto. Its a free standing building, not located in a mall or strip mall. Drug deals happen behind the store frequently. Next door is a cheap motel where they rent rooms by the hour. The building is old & has not been remodeled since it opened in the early 90's. The AC unit freezes up, the stock room only has 8 florescent lights that still work & DM refuses to all the store manager to order new bulbs because they are "too expensive". DM also refuses to allow the store manager to buy basic necessities that the store & employees need because they do not want to spend the money. Items such as a paper towel dispenser for the bathroom, a broom & dust pan, something to dust with such as a swiffer or feather duster. The employees & store manager have to spend their own money to buy these items. The wallpaper is peeling, the carpet is ripped, the front wall leaks every time it rains & soaks the carpet, so the store smell musty. The back door leaks & shorts out the battery on the door alarm, as well as the door is rusted. The store computer is old & worn out, it takes a minimum of 5 minutes to clock in & out, as well as when trying to look something up for the customers, it takes forever for the company website to come up, to the point that the customer looses interest. Many potential customers refuse to shop at the store because of its location & condition, many refuse to shop there because they are afraid for their safety due to the store being in a bad section of town. Many days go by where the total sales for the entire day is well under $300. I have had whole days where I have only had one customer the entire day with a total sale of around $100 and yet the company refuses to have weekly sales or promotional sales, instead they raise the prices on merchandise every month. The store has merchandise in the stock room that is 5+ years old, items that are not even manufactured any more & yet they refuse to mark them down or allow the store manager to clearance them, just to rid the store of very old stock & make room for new. Many items in the store have been there so long that they have become faded by the lighting or sunlight and yet the DM pushes for us to sell them at full price. Customers quite often buy merchandise, wear it to a function then return it, missing tags & soiled. DM has demanded that we allow this to happen with no questions asked, allow the customer to return obviously worn & soiled clothing BUT because its soiled, the garment can not be resold, so it has to be taken out of the system as damaged merchandise. THEN the DM pitches a hissy fit & complains that too many items are being marked as damaged. DM ignores the store until they have a problem with the daily operations or if the store is costing them money, then we can't stop hearing from them.

Spend the necessary money for your employees to operate your stores in the manner in which you require. If you insist that customers can return merchandise even with it is soiled due to being worn, then DO NOT complain & cause problems for the store when they have large amounts of damaged items. You can not have it both ways!! If a store emails to say they have issues with the building, DO NOT ignore them. In fact STOP ignoring your stores. We do not email you because we have nothing better to do, if we take the time to send you an email about question or concerns then have the common courtesy of responding to said email within a 24 hour period. Allow store manager to clearance old &/or faded merchandise to make room for new, and by clearance, I don't mean 25%, I mean 75%. It not a clearance unless its 75% off. 25% off is NOT a clearance & just barely considered a sale.

70 Other Employee Reviews for Casual Male Retail Group (View Most Recent)

Terrible company...Oppressive ...low pay

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Casual Male Retail Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Long hours. Did not care about your personal life. Oppresive boss who talked on the phone while associate did all the work.

Store was located within Washington Shoppes and the atmosphere is near depressing. Clothing is all made in China and the unfortunately the good people that shop there have nowhere else to go.

Redo

A company that does not take care of their employees.

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Allen Park, MI
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Allen Park, MI

I worked at Casual Male Retail Group part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible time schedules is all I can say that is positive about this company.

Cons

If you aren't part of the "in" group you will never move up within this company. Also, very low wages for their managers.

Talk with the lower paid managers to get the real scoop on how their company is doing? The upper management often does not allow the lower paid managers to meet the VP's because they only want to have them see store managers who holds all the cards.

There are newer employer reviews for Casual Male Retail Group

Worked for Casual Male Retail Group? Contribute to the Community!