Catalent Pharma

Frustrating

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Catalent Pharma

Pros

convenient to home, I'm a long time employee'from the PCI days the over all face of this company has changed and not always for the better.

Cons

Management has a problem with their ears',THEY JUST DON'T LISTEN. The attitude is my way or the highway, you can be replaced in an instant, so why are we even having this conversation, now get back to work.

Get your act together. You preach team work but,don,t want to be involved in the game. You have good workers with years of experience, find out what's really on their minds.

129 Other Employee Reviews for Catalent Pharma (View Most Recent)

Nothing Else Around Here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Catalent Pharma

Pros

The PTO and salary are satisfactory. Challenging work. Close to home and to restaurants. A great learning experience.

Cons

Management is oblivious to actual workloads of personel. A lot of politics everywhere in the company. A lot of backstabbing within coworkers. No development guidance whatsover, training programs are nonexistent. The only thing Senior Management cares is the big bonuses they get by exploiting their employees. The only reason I stay here is because there are almost no companies close by that would offer me the same benefits I get here.

Avoid at all cost; look elsewhere

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

I worked at Catalent Pharma

Pros

Catalent does provide a decent health care and dental plan
    Catalent is convenient for travel from New Jersey, Philadelphia, etc

Cons

Lack of valid professional feedback: professional feedback is inaccurate and sparse at best. Management takes no interest in the great work employees do; focus entirely on trivial/minor professional issues. Evaluations are seen as an opportunity to devalue employees.

Work environment: very poor work environment with low moral and heavy politics. Everyone has one foot out the door. Individuals do not accept responsibility for their assigned tasks; resulting in others having to complete these assigned tasks for them.

Individualism: Individuals with no professional regard for the work assignments and professional work load of others. A "me" culture, not a "we" culture. Persons are only interested in their assignments/projects and therefore only value their priorities and not those of fellow coworkers.

Disconnected management: senior and executive management who are more concerned with the amount of paperwork on peoples desk (i.e. 5s) and whether people are using a standard desktop than on improving the morale of employees. All professional considerations, perks, and accolades restricted to senior management.

Focus on the employees instead of politics and superfluous management theory. With all departments understaffed and budget restraints, some degree of professional respect needs to be extended to the average "cubicle" worker.

There are newer employer reviews for Catalent Pharma