There are newer employer reviews for Catalent Pharma

Go, No Go

Former Employee - Process Engineer  in  Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Process Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Catalent Pharma

Pros

Benefits. The Benefits and PTO were generous.

Cons

Promoting from within. This is only good when the people that get promoted deserve to be promoted.

Look at job performance as well as advice from peers. Senior Management does not properly evaluate the employees.

115 Other Employee Reviews for Catalent Pharma (View Most Recent)

The toughest job I ever loved.

Current Employee - Lean Site Deployment Leader  in  Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Lean Site Deployment Leader in Phila, PA

I have been working at Catalent Pharma

Pros

I personally have had great opportunities for development and growth, but don't know if it's coming to an end soon. I get very little feedback on my performance day to day, week to week or even month to month, which breeds a little paranoia in me.

Cons

Long hours; very little acceptance of life outside work. Lack of communication between layers and within layers. Difficult to instill and sustain change.

Let people know what they are accountable for and hold them to it.

Build up and tear down

Former Employee - Quality Assurance
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance

I worked at Catalent Pharma full-time

Pros

Since 2008 a very disciplined management structure with clear reporting and accountability. Lot of competence and knowledge through an international organization and many people are easy to approach. Good programs for EHS, talent reviews, leadership development.

Cons

There is a clear story line: Catalent needs to go public and for that needs to be profitably growing quarter by quarter. Anything else is sacrificed. If a growth plan is rubbish nobody can say that, as it may impact momentum or enthusiasm. That is going on now for a long time. Most of the managers with an own mind have left the company already and what is remaining survives only by passing pressure through. In consequence they do no appear strong, efficient leaders for their reports.

The CEO is smart, but there is more talent in the company. Listen and respond also to those, not only to the guys which have been grown simply because they always say yes and drive everybody doing the same.

There are newer employer reviews for Catalent Pharma

Worked for Catalent Pharma? Contribute to the Community!