Catapult Learning

www.catapultlearning.com
  www.catapultlearning.com
There are newer employer reviews for Catapult Learning

Horrendous place to work

I have been working at Catapult Learning full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I love working with kids

Cons

Catapult management has no understanding, concern or respect for employees and treats all field employees as though they are lazy teenagers who have to be watched every minute to keep them from goofing off or stealing the paperclips. Required office supplies were kept (literally) in a locked cabinet and although there was a requisition procedure, all requisitions were denied. They do not pay for any supplies employees buy on their own and do not reimburse travel expenses. The pay is about half of what the local public schools pay. Benefits are poor and employees pay dearly for them. Employees who use sick pay, even if they have earned it, are threatened with reprimand or termination. Employees with disabilities are not accommodated and those who are injured on the job are fired. The company is currently trying to get all field employees listed as working less than 30 hours a week so that they can cut health insurance all together. Employees are required to keep track of and report on line everything they do every minute of every day. Sometimes it takes longer to report something you did than it did to do it. Logging a 3 minute phone call can take 5 to 10 minutes. Employees at your local Walmart or McDonald's get more respect from their managers. My advice to prospective applicants is to take a job with Catapult only if you have to and keep looking for something better.

Stop treating professional employees with college degrees and years of experience like unruly teenagers who can't be trusted not to steal paperclips.

35 Other Employee Reviews for Catapult Learning (View Most Recent)

Very little respect and general feeling of unappreciation for math tutors

Former Employee - Math Tutor in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Math Tutor in Austin, TX

I worked at Catapult Learning part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some flexibility with scheduling, I got to learn how to use a calculator for graphing purposes

Cons

Math tutors were only part time, but because of the school schedule(lunch, not teaching during certain periods of the day), the majority of the work day was taken up, making it hard to have another job. We were severely underappreciated at the job we were performing, the teachers didn't interact with us hardly at all, we really had to seek them out if we needed anything. We had to spend too much time on class management (making sure students were behaving) with no training on that.

Make the math tutor position a full-time job with benefits. This being a primary job for most tutors, benefits are needed. Have better alignment with the school, unless this was the one I worked at only.

Poor Management & Employee Treatment

Former Employee - Tutor in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Tutor in Austin, TX

I worked at Catapult Learning part-time (less than an year)

Pros

-teaching experience
    -students
    -lesson plans provided by company
    -paid training

Cons

-no employee benefits/insurance
    -high turnover rate (a minimum of 10 people left employment within 6 months)
    -low salary in comparison to job requirements (employee education not taken into account)
    -large amounts of paperwork per week
    -employees must buy own supplies (materials provided are in poor condition)
    -poor & inefficient management by education coordinator
    -employee opinions and well-being ignored
    -subservient treatment of employees by education coordinator
    -low motivation portrayed by staff, employees, & management

Professional behavior should strongly be practiced and pursued by education coordinator and top management. Top management should be present during meetings to allow employees to feel comfortable verbalizing comments for/against procedures without retaliation. Top management should monitor workplace environment ONCE per WEEK and UNANNOUNCED to ensure ideal proceedings on site.

There are newer employer reviews for Catapult Learning