Catapult Learning

www.catapultlearning.com
  www.catapultlearning.com
There are newer employer reviews for Catapult Learning

Very bad experience with this terrible company

Current Employee - Teacher  in  New Orleans, LA
Current Employee - Teacher in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Catapult Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Tutoring students when it is possible.

Cons

All supervisors have different ideas about how to treat teachers. If you are not a friend or family member of a supervisor, you have no shot of being respected. Most assistants are related to one another and will make sure no one else fits in because they are very jealous women. Supervisors treat teachers like they are children. The women who work in New Orleans are very clickish and treat others unfairly.

Management from New York needs to go to the New Orleans office and rehire new supervisors and start all over. it is a mess. Nothing is consistent. Only if you are a daughter, cousin, or best friend of a supervisor, will you have a chance at working at a good school.
Every school I go to, they complain about this company. No one is satisfied. Lots of conflict between assistant and teacher. I hope that someone will change some things in the management office in New Orleans...

31 Other Employee Reviews for Catapult Learning (View Most Recent)

Was a good place

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Catapult Learning full-time for more than a year

Pros

It was a decent place to work before the division I worked for got acquired by KLC. I worked in the corporate office in Baltimore. Once the company was acquired, everyone was laid off.

Cons

Stressful, promotion potential is zero. Better to come in at a higher level. Management was often not supportive, and had very little influence beyond their level.

There are no promotions. Seems like they wanted you to do the work of the higher position at your same pay before the promotion even though your performance merited a promotion.

The staff members that I have worked with are all caring, friendly, professional, and overworked.

Current Employee - Title I Teacher
    Current Employee - Title I Teacher

I have been working at Catapult Learning part-time

Pros

The scripted lessons are from an excellent standards based program. Teaching small groups is intimate and is always wonderful (if you really want to teach). The company has access to $$$ so they can get supplies to you, if you can afford to purchase them yourself and get reimbursed that is faster.

Cons

This is based on federal $$$ so there are tons of paperwork. You are "officially working" whatever hours you are actually in front of students, however there is prep for every lesson, monthly reports, assessments to gather, and other paperwork that you are not paid for. It is all included in the salary which assumes that you know there is always paperwork,
    If you are not organized, you will not make it. Your immediate experience is a function of how efficient, honest, and friendly your supervisor is. Mine is great.

Be clear when giving directives. Please explain when there is a "hard deadline" and a soft deadline. In the field of education there are few actual deadlines and the idea of a drop-dead-hard-deadline is foreign to most experienced unionized teachers. Also be honest. If you dont know, then tell us that you will find out. Also, after starting us on some new directive, do spot checks to see if we are on point.

There are newer employer reviews for Catapult Learning

Worked for Catapult Learning? Contribute to the Community!