Catapult Learning

www.catapultlearning.com
There are newer employer reviews for Catapult Learning

Very bad experience with this terrible company

Current Employee - Teacher in New Orleans, LA
Current Employee - Teacher in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Catapult Learning full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Tutoring students when it is possible.

Cons

All supervisors have different ideas about how to treat teachers. If you are not a friend or family member of a supervisor, you have no shot of being respected. Most assistants are related to one another and will make sure no one else fits in because they are very jealous women. Supervisors treat teachers like they are children. The women who work in New Orleans are very clickish and treat others unfairly.

Management from New York needs to go to the New Orleans office and rehire new supervisors and start all over. it is a mess. Nothing is consistent. Only if you are a daughter, cousin, or best friend of a supervisor, will you have a chance at working at a good school.
Every school I go to, they complain about this company. No one is satisfied. Lots of conflict between assistant and teacher. I hope that someone will change some things in the management office in New Orleans...

35 Other Employee Reviews for Catapult Learning (View Most Recent)

The staff members that I have worked with are all caring, friendly, professional, and overworked.

Current Employee - Title I Teacher
    Current Employee - Title I Teacher

I have been working at Catapult Learning part-time

Pros

The scripted lessons are from an excellent standards based program. Teaching small groups is intimate and is always wonderful (if you really want to teach). The company has access to $$$ so they can get supplies to you, if you can afford to purchase them yourself and get reimbursed that is faster.

Cons

This is based on federal $$$ so there are tons of paperwork. You are "officially working" whatever hours you are actually in front of students, however there is prep for every lesson, monthly reports, assessments to gather, and other paperwork that you are not paid for. It is all included in the salary which assumes that you know there is always paperwork,
    If you are not organized, you will not make it. Your immediate experience is a function of how efficient, honest, and friendly your supervisor is. Mine is great.

Be clear when giving directives. Please explain when there is a "hard deadline" and a soft deadline. In the field of education there are few actual deadlines and the idea of a drop-dead-hard-deadline is foreign to most experienced unionized teachers. Also be honest. If you dont know, then tell us that you will find out. Also, after starting us on some new directive, do spot checks to see if we are on point.

Horrendous place to work

I have been working at Catapult Learning full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I love working with kids

Cons

Catapult management has no understanding, concern or respect for employees and treats all field employees as though they are lazy teenagers who have to be watched every minute to keep them from goofing off or stealing the paperclips. Required office supplies were kept (literally) in a locked cabinet and although there was a requisition procedure, all requisitions were denied. They do not pay for any supplies employees buy on their own and do not reimburse travel expenses. The pay is about half of what the local public schools pay. Benefits are poor and employees pay dearly for them. Employees who use sick pay, even if they have earned it, are threatened with reprimand or termination. Employees with disabilities are not accommodated and those who are injured on the job are fired. The company is currently trying to get all field employees listed as working less than 30 hours a week so that they can cut health insurance all together. Employees are required to keep track of and report on line everything they do every minute of every day. Sometimes it takes longer to report something you did than it did to do it. Logging a 3 minute phone call can take 5 to 10 minutes. Employees at your local Walmart or McDonald's get more respect from their managers. My advice to prospective applicants is to take a job with Catapult only if you have to and keep looking for something better.

Stop treating professional employees with college degrees and years of experience like unruly teenagers who can't be trusted not to steal paperclips.

There are newer employer reviews for Catapult Learning