One of a kind

Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Catapult truly cares about people. They hire smart professionals in the top 10% of their field. Catapult is 'others' focused from the CEO to the Director of First Impressions.

Cons

Rapid growth at times can spread teams thin. This corrects itself once hiring ramps up, but hiring the best and the brightest takes time.

Hire to the bench.

Other Reviews for Catapult Systems

Fair, Hard Working, Smart and Fun

Current Employee - Managing Consultant  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Tons of really smart people who are really focused on delivering great solutions for customers, they are very fair with employees and reasonable for work/life balance. Very low turnover, a great place for folks tired of the nonsense with the average consulting companies.

Cons

Client projects can be intense and challenging. Catapult doesn't have the same benefits as the full time travel consulting gigs, so that is a trade off.

Expand to the West Coast and internationally, which will allow consultants to have more opportunity for growth.

A recognition that consultants are the center of the entire business model.

Current Employee - Principal Consultant  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

First, I have been consulting for many years (and for many companies prior to Catapult). Hands down I work with the most talented and brightest technologists and business consultants in the land. There is not a weak link given our recruiting process covers all aspect of hiring - technical chops, cultural fit, fun individuals, team players, and hard workers.

Secondly, Bonuses are right sized and are given for the individual contribution each consultant makes to the overall business (whether the business is doing well or not so well). For those who have experience with other technology consulting companies, it's not about an arbitrary quarterly bonus based on the financial performance of the company that may or may not be paid out. Our metrics are well defined, and are based on the individuals contribution on a weekly and monthly basis (and bonuses are paid monthly). My monthly bonuses are predictable, and really just a regular part of my overall income.

Third, Catapult's Systems model is to keep local consultants local. There is certainly occasional travel, however, consultants are not expected (unless the want to) to be road warriors. That speaks to work life balance. You may be able to get a point or two up in Salary by going to another consulting company - but that company is going to expect you to get on a plane Monday morning and come home Friday night. That's just not Catapult's model.

Lastly, I have been at Catapult Systems for over 5 years, and there was not a single career growth opportunity or career development discussion or request that I was not supported on. Not one, seriously. Catapult as a company and a culture has supported any interest or career path I wanted to pursue. There are a lot of talented folks here, and not one idea or one voice is ever drowned out.

Cons

In my time at Catapult, one of the challenges (and benefits) was our size. Small company with tight culture, but sometimes we didn't get invited to the party on some of the bigger and more technical projects. I am hopeful that with the recent acquisition by a global company and our leaderships communication that our culture will stay the same may open up some of these larger and more complex (and fun) opportunities.

Continue to keep nurturing the "Catapult Culture".

There are newer employer reviews for Catapult Systems.

Worked for Catapult Systems? Contribute to the Community!