There are newer employer reviews for Catapult Systems

Fair, Hard Working, Smart and Fun

Current Employee - Managing Consultant  in  Denver, CO
Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Tons of really smart people who are really focused on delivering great solutions for customers, they are very fair with employees and reasonable for work/life balance. Very low turnover, a great place for folks tired of the nonsense with the average consulting companies.

Cons

Client projects can be intense and challenging. Catapult doesn't have the same benefits as the full time travel consulting gigs, so that is a trade off.

Expand to the West Coast and internationally, which will allow consultants to have more opportunity for growth.

55 Other Employee Reviews for Catapult Systems (View Most Recent)

Great people, family oriented, great learning experience, weak benefits

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

1) I love the exposure to technology.

2) I love meeting a bunch of new people.

3) They are very forgiving if you have a family commitment that interferes with a project. They will back you up and not hold it against you.

4) The culture is top notch. The employee events are fun and interesting.

5) The pay can be very good (if you haggle for it or are an established name in the community).

6) As long as you are able to self-manage, you do not have to go to the office in between clients. Being able to work from home somewhat makes up for the weak vacation time off. But, make sure you are not a slacker or you will not last in this industry.

7) At least in our office, we are often able to manage our own projects (IMO, PMs don't add value unless it's a giant project that needs separate managing).

8) Every once in a while, a more experienced consultant will hold a training session to introduce you to something new so you can increase your knowledge and your value.

9) Some of the managers make you feel comfortable to talk to them.

Cons

1) Weak benefits. The only thing attractive about the benefits here is that you have insurance. The insurance premium per paycheck is pretty high. Almost no 401k matching.

2) They will sometimes try to push you into an engagement you are not ready for. So, tell them NO if you are not ready. But, this is not just an issue with Catapult. It's an issue with this industry.

3) Sometimes they make ridiculous inquiries about travel expenses.

4) As mentioned in a couple other reviews, not much formal training is available. But, to be fair, if you request a week on the bench before your first project on something new to you, they often will grant it. But, that learning is 90% on your own. The SME is often too busy to help you learn it.

5) The merit/promotion pay increases are not very good. This goes back to the "haggling" comment in #5 of the pros.

6) Communication is sometimes frustrating. Some of the more experienced consultants with that product simply ignore you if you send an IM/email with a question. They could at least acknowledge you and say that they will get back to you as soon as they can. But, again to be fair: There are quite a few who are super helpful.

Listen to your employees and do your best to act on their concerns. Do something about the benefits. Make Catapult more attractive to new employees. Make your mid-level consultants feel more valued. Change your promotion/merit increase policy to make it less likely that a consultant will leave or threaten to leave. Do something about the benefits (Yes, I said that twice for emphasis on importance).

New Employee. Fantastic Experience.

I have been working at Catapult Systems

Pros

I have only been with Catapult a short time. I came from a large contracting company that treated employees like disposable commodities. The entire "feel" of Catapult is different. The onboarding process was very hands on. The managers flew to my office to make sure my first week was seamless. The training has been great and everyone has been very helpful and welcoming.

Cons

None I can think of, so far so good.

Just make sure that the Catapult culture isn't lost, regardless of how large we become.

There are newer employer reviews for Catapult Systems

Worked for Catapult Systems? Contribute to the Community!