Catapult Technology

www.catapulttechnology.com
Unclaimed Profile
There are newer employer reviews for Catapult Technology

It was a good place to start

I worked at Catapult Technology

Pros

The starting salary was quite acceptable for someone just coming out of college. I was promoted twice and management was very fair. I enjoyed working for Catapult and I wouldn't be where I am today if I hadn't started at Catapult.

Cons

Catapult has grown so much over the last 6 years that they lost some of their contracts and sight of who they were. When i started we were given turkeys at Thanksgiving, a pound of chocolate at Christmas, and there were door prizes at the company parties. It was the little things that made me happy to be an employee. 2 years later (2007) we were told that the company was awarded more DOD contracts and that they were growing quickly. The same year we were told that we we would no longer receive turkeys or chocolate at the holidays and there was no budget for door prizes. Catapult has lost sight of who they were and is on its way to becoming just another corporate machine.

Advice to Management

Think about the people working for you. You've lost a lot of loyal people due to your growth.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Would not recommend this job

I have been working at Catapult Technology

Pros

Co-workers Help from coworkers and that is all.

Cons

Management and Corporate employees do not seem to care about their employees at all. This was the information that was told in the beginning that this was a great company that was very caring for their employees after accepting the job and being an employee for a while I have noticed this is not true. Promotions are given to other job duties without being posted. There is an obvious favoritism factor. When trying to contact Human Resources/Corporate no action is taken to resolve the issues being addressed. Expect the employees to do more with less and literally burn themselves out. Low work moral.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, take action and fix what needs to be done. Compensate your workers and try to relieve their stress level.

Task Manager

I worked at Catapult Technology

Pros

Support from management (when everything was going well); great staff; flexibility in managing your task; travel

Cons

When mistakes occur, upper management blames mid-managers even though they contributed to the problem. Salaries started off well, but declined over the period of the contract. This meant that we could not buy the right talent for the more complicated work which started off in the 3rd and 4th years of the 5-year contract

Advice to Management

Take responsibility for your involvement in problems; don't skimp on the talent