Catapult Technology

www.catapulttechnology.com
  www.catapulttechnology.com
There are newer employer reviews for Catapult Technology

It was a good place to start

I worked at Catapult Technology

Pros

The starting salary was quite acceptable for someone just coming out of college. I was promoted twice and management was very fair. I enjoyed working for Catapult and I wouldn't be where I am today if I hadn't started at Catapult.

Cons

Catapult has grown so much over the last 6 years that they lost some of their contracts and sight of who they were. When i started we were given turkeys at Thanksgiving, a pound of chocolate at Christmas, and there were door prizes at the company parties. It was the little things that made me happy to be an employee. 2 years later (2007) we were told that the company was awarded more DOD contracts and that they were growing quickly. The same year we were told that we we would no longer receive turkeys or chocolate at the holidays and there was no budget for door prizes. Catapult has lost sight of who they were and is on its way to becoming just another corporate machine.

Think about the people working for you. You've lost a lot of loyal people due to your growth.

24 Other Employee Reviews for Catapult Technology (View Most Recent)

Would not recommend this job

I have been working at Catapult Technology

Pros

Co-workers
    Help from coworkers and that is all.

Cons

Management and Corporate employees do not seem to care about their employees at all. This was the information that was told in the beginning that this was a great company that was very caring for their employees after accepting the job and being an employee for a while I have noticed this is not true.
    Promotions are given to other job duties without being posted.
    There is an obvious favoritism factor.
    When trying to contact Human Resources/Corporate no action is taken to resolve the issues being addressed.
    Expect the employees to do more with less and literally burn themselves out.
    Low work moral.

Listen to your employees, take action and fix what needs to be done.
    Compensate your workers and try to relieve their stress level.

Working for Catapult was a very positive experience.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Catapult Technology as a contractor

Pros

Catapult will provide you the tools you need to be successful in your career, you just need to use them. If you are a good employee and have proven yourself, they bend over backwards to ensure that you remain one of their employees, even if they have to move you to another contract if the contract you are currently on is going to expire and not be renewed.

Cons

Contract work is difficult and unfortunately when you are placed in a work area sometimes it is difficult to move up; you may get added responsibilities, however, unlike working in a corporate environment, it can sometimes be hard to progress, regardless of continuing education.

When taking on new contracts, look at your employee database and take into consideration the qualifications that they list; some employees have the qualifications for you to hire them for the new contract from within which will benefit you by having proven dedicated and competent employees on the new contract, which will make you look even better to the new customer, and will also give your employee a chance to expand his experience and feel as if he is truly appreciated and recognized by their employer.

There are newer employer reviews for Catapult Technology