Caterpillar

www.caterpillar.com
There are newer employer reviews for Caterpillar

The best company I've ever worked for!

Current Employee - Global Manager in Peoria, IL
Current Employee - Global Manager in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Caterpillar full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great culture, great values, great people. I've been with the company for two decades and joining Cat was the best decision I could have made. They care about their employees and always try to do the right thing for them.

Cons

It is easy to get lost in such a large machine as Caterpillar. You must work hard on your career.

Benefit and pay uncertainties stress employees. I know healthcare and government programs are making it much harder on companies to be profitable, but Cat's always been a leader in everything they do. Let's be the example of how to overcome these financial, political, and social obstacles.

926 Other Employee Reviews for Caterpillar (View Most Recent)

Work hard and well, volunteer for special assignments and many opportunities will present themselves.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Caterpillar

Pros

Great opportunities will be presented to those who want to apply themselves, learn about new issues, and expand their boundaries. You will likely work with a diverse and global team on challenging assignments, but there is plenty of opportunity to make a personal difference and be rewarded appropriately.

Cons

As with any global company, there are always many layers of approvals and bureaucracy to get somewhat simple efforts accomplished.

Continue to seek ways to simplify the complexity, align initiatives to avoid redundant efforts, and leverage the power of 6 Sigma to control costs and improve products and processes.

Ethics and Values in Action

Current Employee - Engineer in Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Engineer in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Caterpillar full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Stable company in a growth market

Cons

Tons of values in action are preached but i never saw anything being followed deligently. A very bad company especially for employees.

Follow what you preach and have few people oriented policies.

There are newer employer reviews for Caterpillar