The best company I've ever worked for!

Current Employee - Global Manager  in  Peoria, IL
Current Employee - Global Manager in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Caterpillar full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great culture, great values, great people. I've been with the company for two decades and joining Cat was the best decision I could have made. They care about their employees and always try to do the right thing for them.

Cons

It is easy to get lost in such a large machine as Caterpillar. You must work hard on your career.

Benefit and pay uncertainties stress employees. I know healthcare and government programs are making it much harder on companies to be profitable, but Cat's always been a leader in everything they do. Let's be the example of how to overcome these financial, political, and social obstacles.

Other Reviews for Caterpillar

Work hard and well, volunteer for special assignments and many opportunities will present themselves.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Caterpillar

Pros

Great opportunities will be presented to those who want to apply themselves, learn about new issues, and expand their boundaries. You will likely work with a diverse and global team on challenging assignments, but there is plenty of opportunity to make a personal difference and be rewarded appropriately.

Cons

As with any global company, there are always many layers of approvals and bureaucracy to get somewhat simple efforts accomplished.

Continue to seek ways to simplify the complexity, align initiatives to avoid redundant efforts, and leverage the power of 6 Sigma to control costs and improve products and processes.

Caterpillar is a very conservative and stable environment to work in.

Current Employee - Revenue Analyst  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Revenue Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Caterpillar

Pros

Caterpillar is a very stable place to work. My colleagues are very knowledgeable about the industry and there is a good camaraderie between colleagues. The work environment is very diligent to say the least.

Cons

The camaraderie sometimes turns to a buddy system. Also it allows inappropriate interaction with coworkers. Although it is a very conservative company it also has the old American ideal of the "boys club" within the corporate environment as well as with the customer interaction. Also because of the conservative nature the company lacks innovative vision and support.

Caterpillar is a great company to work for. However the advancement into the future interms of our products and culture should be advocated.

There are newer employer reviews for Caterpillar.

Worked for Caterpillar? Contribute to the Community!