Caterpillar
www.caterpillar.com Peoria, IL 5000+ Employees

Engineer

Engineer (Current Employee)
Peoria, IL

ProsGreat place to work alongside with some of the brightest minds in the industry. Good support from supervisors and teammates

ConsLocation is not the greatest if you are used to a fast paced life style. 2.5 Hours from the nearest big city. Extreme Highs and lows (company's economical situation). But that is just the way in the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be great if Management focused on providing better recognition and compensation. Try to incorporate better team building methods.

CATERPILLAR DECATUR

Logistics (Current Employee)
    Decatur, IL

I have been working at Caterpillar full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The business is world renown. Many internal Decatur employees lack degrees… Cons: Leaders do not listen to their employees. Leaders will not let their employees leave current positions early for promotions or opportunities in… Advice to Senior Management: Listen and consider that often letting people get promoted when… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

OK but just remember you will be 1 out of 125,000.

Inventory Record Analyst (Current Employee)
    Morton, IL

I have been working at Caterpillar full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Job Security. Cat is big in to employment for you… Cons: Hard work is rewarded buy keeping you locked in the… Advice to Senior Management: Pay more attention to the customer and employees. Stop worrying… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Caterpillar.

Worked for Caterpillar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Caterpillar reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Caterpillar CEO Douglas R. Oberhelman. All reviews posted anonymously by Caterpillar employees.