Great Company to Build a Career

Current Employee - Senior Associate Engineer  in  Peoria, IL
Current Employee - Senior Associate Engineer in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Caterpillar full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great pay, talented people, great bosses (my experience), they invest in people and training. Solid company with great values that they really stand behind.

Cons

Conservative culture, slow moving, bureaucratic. Location is the biggest issue for me and more and more folks. Very few opportunities to move geographically (especially internationally) anymore.

Be flexible, think about your people, and what's best for the enterprise

Other Reviews for Caterpillar

Unstable- going in the wrong direction

I worked at Caterpillar

Pros

People that work, good supervisors at 1 or 2 levels but from there..... Hope

Cons

Lack of leading from the front, fear of being fired if you don't conform or agree, leadership is way to thin, no boss has any time b/c his boss is on him... Probably b/c his boss is on him etc etc... There are good leaders in d- town. Let them lead. We'll follow!

If your 25 or above congrats b/c my boss is lower and works really hard every day and no one cares....you stop caring at 25! Vp, p, reality check- seed, grow, harvest, = $. Can't do it w/out the seed. Treat people like people. Were loosing a lot of talent and many more to come from both sides.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Caterpillar full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great career opportunities, leader in the industry, high focus on people development

Cons

It is a global company and has similar challenges of working in a big multinational

There are newer employer reviews for Caterpillar.

Worked for Caterpillar? Contribute to the Community!