There are newer employer reviews for Caterpillar

Good company.

Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Cary, NC
Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Cary, NC

I worked at Caterpillar

Pros

Training, opportunity, smart company, and good employees.

Cons

Move around all the time.

Dual career placement.

reviews filtered by
  1. which side of the wall you are on

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Griffin, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Griffin, GA

I have been working at Caterpillar

Pros

best 401k match anywhere dollar for dollar, and a company sponsered pension to go with it, that is until 2020 then it all changes. very flexible if you need time off.

Cons

If you work on the shop floor then you are pretty much scum. but if you get on " the other side of the wall" then welcome to the club, how much money do you want, sure you can come in an hour late and leave 2 hours early, and of course you never have to work weekends.

Listen to your EOS surveys, I quit doing mine because we have the same issues each year and nothing gets done so whats the point. Stop moving managers around so much, give them time to at least learn the area well before moving. Stop announcing record profits every quarter and not giving your employees a raise.

2. Great company, but environment at this facility is not a good fit for my personality.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sanford, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sanford, NC

I have been working at Caterpillar

Pros

Global company with locations worldwide. I've heard many current employees speak about the opportunity to move within the company as long as you show your worth the promotion. Top management has always show me the up-most respect and have always provided good and useful feedback on my work. The recognize your accomplishments and value to CAT. The make it known that I am a valued member of their team and, for me personally, that goes a long way.

Cons

(At this facility, I have not worked at any other CAT location) For the most part, I have been treated equally by my co-workers. I do not feel there is enough diversity at this location (within corporate).

Put efforts toward creating a more diverse workforce. I believe the knowledge gained from different backgrounds is invaluable.

There are newer employer reviews for Caterpillar