Caterpillar
www.caterpillar.com Peoria, IL 5000+ Employees

Caterpillar - Exporting Producs, Importing Revenue, a good place to call Home

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Caterpillar

ProsGood technical career path in most engineering areas. The sub-units (engineering sections) are run by engineering supervisors who have engineering degrees, so they typically understand the work they are dishing out..

ConsWay to focused on processes, it's like we believe Utopia can really work, and very little slack is given for non-conformance. Some managers are obsessed with "just follow the proces and nothing can go wrong. Everything will go wrong if we don't follow the process"

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the product...implement the processes in a more sensible manner since there's good value in most of the processes we learn.

Caterpillar - world leader that is highly ethical and values people.

Engineering Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Caterpillar

Pros: Caterpillar is a global leader in its industry, and invests accordingly in people. People generally have opportunity to grow their careers in direction of… Cons: The majority of locations are not in high profile urban areas, and so it is not convenient to include some of those advantages in personal… Advice to Senior Management: Balance is they key. CAT management seems to trend toward the long term view in regards to strategic goals. However, it seems like… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Large company with many opportunities if you have the persistence and desire to pursue them.

Senior Engineering Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Caterpillar

Pros: Large company with stable employment. Layoffs are rare. Opportunity to work in a variety of locations around the world in many different types… Cons: Large company with resulting political issues. It can take a long time and a lot of people to get something done. Office environment is… Advice to Senior Management: Concentrate less on process requirements and more on developing people. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Caterpillar.

Worked for Caterpillar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Caterpillar reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Caterpillar CEO Douglas R. Oberhelman. All reviews posted anonymously by Caterpillar employees.