Cathay General Bancorp
www.cathaybank.com Los Angeles, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good people, needs management training

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
El Monte, CA

I worked at Cathay General Bancorp full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe bank provides a nice worklife balance, and I genuinely liked the people that I worked with. A lot of them are motivated, sharp, and down to earth.

ConsConflict management is an issue and it makes it difficult to get things done. Middle management and tenured employees will often say what yo uwant to hear but stick with the status quo. There needs to be more healthy conflict to spur change.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to have more of a presence and lend its weight to important issues. Stand behind some causes and be more visible.

It was a good learning experience

Operations Assistant (Former Employee)
Rosemead, CA

I worked at Cathay General Bancorp as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Got a basis on how a bank works on the operation… Cons: If you don't speak Chinese its hard to get promoted. Advice to Senior Management: Have more programs for entry level employees No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good if you know how to speak chinese

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Rosemead, CA

I worked at Cathay General Bancorp

Pros: Get to know about the banking business Co-workers are generally nice… Cons: If you don't have a lot of banking experience and do not… Advice to Senior Management: Make more opportunities for entry level workers at the bank. … More

There are newer reviews on Cathay General Bancorp.

Worked for Cathay General Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cathay General Bancorp reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cathay General Bancorp CEO Dunson K. Cheng. All reviews posted anonymously by Cathay General Bancorp employees.